Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance test 7.0 - Advanced memory test

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ppa43r.jpg

What's wrong with this test ? So my ram read speed in really 23mb/sec ? This is 3 times slower than my hard drive read speed haha. Someone can tell me what the.... ?

Some other benchmarks i tried :

Sisoft Sandra memory bandwidth -> 7452mb/sec
    Everest memory read speed -> 6907mb/sec
    Science mark 2.0 memory bandwidth -> 6554mb/sec

I think the results are correct for the test type you selected.
    But you obviously selected the wrong test type. Try the "memory access per block speed test" instead of "memory speed per access step size". See the help file for the differences between the tests.

Comment

Oh yea, i tried the other test and the best result i get is around 1400mb/s with access data size 64 bits. It seem really low compared to other memory benchmark i tried though (5x lower).

edit : The helpfile don't help me much to understand what's going on, a bit too complicated for me ^^
      Last edited by Sheena; May-03-2009, 09:41 PM.

Comment

The first thing you need to do is distinguish between megabytes and megabits. Our software reports a result in MB (Megabytes) but you are quoting figures in mb (which is somewhat ambiguous).

Comment

Ok so Sandra/Everest/ScienceMark give results in megabits and passmark use megabytes. That's what i understand. But anyway when i compare my results with the baselines with same cpu/ram everything's fine. I even get slightly better results than what i should get hehe. Only the measure units was confusing because when your ram usually benchmark at 6500-7500 (whatever the measure units is) you're quite shocked when you get 1400.

Edit : I also noticed i get better framerate in 3D complex test when i set my HTT link back to 1000mhz (1120mhz OC). I usually set it to 800mhz (893mhz OC) because i've read it have no impact at all. Very interesting ! More i use passmark and more i like it.
          Last edited by Sheena; May-04-2009, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X