Is Performance As It Should Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Performance As It Should Be?

I just recently upgraded from e8400 to core i7 940 and my cpu mark only comes in at 4500.The e8400 cpu mark came in at 2200 which is what the cpu chart states.But the i7 940 came in at 4500 where the cpu chart shows 6100.Could somebody please tell me if that means the cpu is working correctly or not???My game performance has not improved.

The e8400 was already a fairly good CPU. The Core i7 is a faster CPU, but the bulk of the performance improvement will only be available when the software you are using uses 4 or more threads. (or when you are running 4 or more CPU intensive single threaded applications at the same time).

If you are just running a single single threaded application the performance difference isn't dramatic. So this might be part of the issues.

Also check this forum post
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

And check the Edit/Preferences window in PerformanceTest to make sure you have 8 or more processes selected for the i7.

Comment

i have just checked Causes and Solutions for a slow PC and the preferences tab under performance test and proceses is set to 8.Should i be getting a higher cpu mark or is this normal? 4500.Thank you for your time.

Comment

If you are using PerformanceTest V7, then the i7 940 should be getting around 6000 for the CPU Mark. Maybe slightly more on 64bit and slightly less on 32bit.

Comment

i was just running avg free on fast scan and enemy territory quake wars was unplayable.I had to stop scan to get onto this site,firefox wouldn't open until i stopped the scan.
          my system ex58 ds3r
          ram fully compatible 1333 mhz 6g(3*2g)kingston KVR1333D3N9K3
          cpu i7 940
          video xfx 9800 gtx black edition
          power 860 watt
          could this be a ram problem or cpu
          cpu mark 4500
          ram mark 1000

on xp pro 32 bit SERVICE PACK 3

Comment

Working...
          X