• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are some of the tests that you download from here true

I have a Asus P5QL-E Motherboard
    4 Gb of 800 Mhz Memory Gskill C4
    E5300 overclocked to 3.9
    HSI 4850 Iceq4 Turbo

Looking through other results from the banchmark tests I get very high scores for the CPU except for CPU Interger Maths wich is between half and one third of the speed of just three results from the database all the rest it is equal or better except for one of these results on cpu multimedia.

I have done everything to improve this performance in interger maths no improvement even with a fresh non nextworked fresh install of xp 32 bit.

According to the results it is not worth me upgrading my processor to a Q9400 as these machines are faster.

Any advise or as I suspect these are not real results. As its only three that show this massive performance gain.

I also note you do not seem to record the true speed of the processor.

Is this something you intend to address.

Its important that the information is accurate.

Thanks I thing the software is very good

except for CPU Interger Maths wich is between half and one third of the speed of just three results
    I don't understand the comment. What are your actual results and what numbers are you comparing them to?

As you have significantly overcloked the CPU there is a fair chance it is overheating if just a few of the CPU tests are low.

I also note you do not seem to record the true speed of the processor.
    What speed is being reported and what speed do you think should be reported?

Comment

No its running at 42 c not at all

If you check your database you will find three that are extreme cases.

One for example Hp Pavilion a6767c wich has a mark of 730.2 and it is sayin it is running at 2.6

Mine at stock is showing 242.1 and at overclock 377.9

There is a generic at 1092.8 running at 3459.

All on as I Said Interger Maths.

When I save my results it tles me I am running at 2.6Mhz when its overclocked or not.

These results from these other tests would sugest that they have some new E5300 chip.

Have a look yourself.

Comment

It apears that you have no answer.

I think the software is very good.

Its the Database I am concerned with.

For example on one test I performed, the results tell me the speed is 4969.2 Mhz.

With a multiplyer of 13 running at 300 Mhz cant be true.

Amother test tells me running at 3723 same CPU interger maths result.

Results 377.9 at 4969.2Mhz 377.4 at 3723Mhz

All this at the same overclock.

At baseline speeds it tells me 2495.3Mhz and Interger Maths 242.1

The reason this is so important is deciding on an upgrade path.

I am concerned that some of the results in the database are less than accurate.

Since yesterday I have changed the processor to see if this was just me but no same results.

There is another on running at 7540Mhz which has very bad results as you said more than likely overheating.

I honestly belive this is fantastic software but if the database is not correct and not audited it reduces its effectiveness.

To get some of the results and I have only picked 3 they must be running at extreme clock speeds.

Thanks for you help it is more than apreciated.

Comment

If you check your database you will find three that are extreme cases.
          We have well over 50,000 results in the database. If you are referring to 3 individual results, then it would help to identify which ones they are. We can then take a look at them.

One for example Hp Pavilion a6767c wich has a mark of 730.2 and it is sayin it is running at 2.6
          What is the baseline number? Is the number you quoted the overall passmark rating or the CPU mark, or some other number?

There is a generic at 1092.8 running at 3459
          I don't know what you are referring to here. A generic what? There isn't enough context to know.

All on as I Said Interger Maths.
          This sentence also doesn't make sense to me.

If the Mhz clock speed of your CPU doesn't appear to be correct, then can you tell us what are the settings in BIOS, what is reported in PerformanceTest for clock speed, bus speed & multiplier. Also you said you are switching CPUs, so we need to know what CPU you are using as well.

We have around 500 new results being put into the database each day from 100s of different users. We don't have time to check each one. We have some general maintenance scripts to clean up some of the worst stuff, like people submitting the same result a dozen times, but they don't pick up all the possible senerios for bad data. If you can point out specfic example (with the baseline number or baseline file name) we can have a look at it.

Comment

Working...
          X