Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Version 6 to version 7 results compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 6 to version 7 results compatible?

Hello,

We currently have a license for version 6 of Performance test and noticed that when benchmarking an i7-860 the CPU results are about 25% (1220) of what I would expect to recieve (5400). So, just to see if it was version 6 that was causing the discrepancy I tried the demo version and now benchmark at 4520 Less than expected, but at least I'm in the ballpark.

So, I'm thinking about buying version 7 but am worried about whether all the results of all the different motherboards we've compiled using version 6 will be comparable to version 7. (It appears that it's not)

Additionally, is there a reason why the i5 and i7 processors perform poorly with Version 6 CPU benchmarks?

Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by Comark Corp; Nov-05-2009, 02:37 PM. Reason: clarification
    Jay W.
    Diagnostic Engineer
    Comark Corporation
    93 West St.
    Medfield, MA 02052
    http://www.comarkcorp.com

Firstly that v6 score looks like it is not using all the cores on the CPU, there have been a number of CPU core detection bugs that have been fixed in V7. Please check that the "Number of Processes" under preferences is set to the same as the number of cores the CPU has (Cores*2 for hyperthreading CPUs like the i7)

By the expected score I'm assuming your referring to the score the CPU got in our CPU charts. Be aware that this score is an average across many different systems and CPUs can perform differently in different conditions. Most notably there can be a somewhat significant difference between 32 and 64 bit results (64 being faster). If you are running a 32 bit system I'd say your V7 score looks okay.

Finally, whilst we did try to keep the scores roughly in the same range between versions 6 and 7, the fact that many of the tests have changed means that comparing them directly is never going to be very reliable. Also the final overall Passmark rating has had a complete change in the way it is calculated in V7 so it's barely comparable at all.

Comment

Working...
    X