Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error downloading online baselines

Hi,

I'm running PerformanceTest 7 Evaluation (version 7.0.1010) under Windows Server 2003 R2 (version 5.2.3790). So far I've been able to download baselines under Top Ten preset only. All other searches give me the desired results but downloading fails with the following message:

PerformanceTest Error
    Could not load the Baseline result file
    Check the file exists & read permission is set.

Process Monitor shows me that downloaded ZIP files are created under My Documents\PassMark\PerformanceTest folder but deleted immediately after that.

Is this some kind of Evaluation Version limitation? Something tells me it's just me as nobody else seems to have this kind of problem here. Can anyone explain this?

Thanks!

Is this some kind of Evaluation Version limitation?
    No it isn't. And I don't think any other user has reported this issue.

So it is most likely a problem on your PC. e.g. Some security software preventing access to the file, or file permissions not being set correctly on this PC.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Did a little research here and Network Monitor showed that the files were read from the path /baselines/V6/* on your server. The question is why the search results were directed there and not V7 if these resource files are incompatible with eachother? Or why the V6 results came up with the search?

Comment

I think you're wrong

Originally posted by passmark View Post
        No it isn't. And I don't think any other user has reported this issue.

So it is most likely a problem on your PC. e.g. Some security software preventing access to the file, or file permissions not being set correctly on this PC.

I don't think its his computer..

I got the exact same message just yesterday also..

That is at least two different people with the same error popping up..

So maybe you server is sending out the wrong files???

And your website seems kind of slow to load up today..

I hope you're not crashing down..

it worked fine earlier that day..

Please check into the problem..I have a feeling that this might get posted pretty often..

Comment

Also problem with 'could not load the baseline result file'

Hi, I got the same problem with 'Could not load the baseline result file' after a couple of days with a working installation.

I have tried reinstall, delete of all baselines under my user, and stopping of my ZoneAlarm, but nothing helped.

This makes my PassMark much less useful. I will postpone paying for the version until this problem is solved.

Regards,
          Morten

Comment

OK we'll check it out.
            We are moving to a new larger server this week and it is possible this might cause a short period of disruption. But this should not have all happened until tomorrow.

I ran though a dozen pages or so pages our web site. I doesn't seem slow for us, so I don't think this is an issue.

However I was able to reproduce the baseline download problem this morning. So there is a definate new problem here.

If we can fix it today we will, but being Sunday might mean we need to wait until tomorrow morning to fix it, if it isn't something obvious.

Comment

Ok this should be fixed now, there had been some minor changes made to the server side scripts in preparation for the server move that had caused the problem.

Comment

Thanks, works like a charm!

Comment

Just to add, the server load is also light (CPU 95% idle, with no swap space in use). So any significant slowness was either temporary, or not due to our server. The new server should be faster again, but speed was not the main reason for the upgrade, it was bandwidth. The new server comes with 2TB of traffic a month.

Comment

Working...
                  X