Benchmark results telling me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmark results telling me?

My GPU (8800GTS) is apparently not providing graphics and my onboard is it. The board (Biostar G31E-M7) has no inbios way to disable/enable onboard graphics - supposedly automatic. PASSMARK results (Intel E6750 2.66 baseline/Mine Intel E6300 2.. Overall +13%/CPU +10%/2D graphics -118%/3d GRAPHICS -489%/Memory +17%/HDD +41%. As you can see the graphics readings are outstandingly bad. Another card (8400GS), on the same board, displayed similarly poor results. Would you suspect the card or the board?

Is your monitor plugged into the 8800GTS video card or the on-board video connector?

What were the 3D actual scores (as opposed to the % variation for another machine)?

Are you using the latest device drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      Is your monitor plugged into the 8800GTS video card or the on-board video connector?

What were the 3D actual scores (as opposed to the % variation for another machine)?

Are you using the latest device drivers?
      Monitor connected by DVI cable to video card.
      This will hopefully show you the picture. http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n.../passmark1.jpg
      All drivers are current.

Comment

So if the monitor is plugged into the 8800GTS video card and you see the 3D test on the monitor (and you aren't running dual monitors) then you can be sure the 8800BTS card is being used.

The screen shot doesn't show all the 3D results. But the summary 3D mark result does appear low.

You could try older drivers. Also check the card is not overheating.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
          So if the monitor is plugged into the 8800GTS video card and you see the 3D test on the monitor (and you aren't running dual monitors) then you can be sure the 8800BTS card is being used.

The screen shot doesn't show all the 3D results. But the summary 3D mark result does appear low.

You could try older drivers. Also check the card is not overheating.
          Watching the test, it shows an average of 59 fps for the first part then 37 fps for the second and yes, it indicates it's testing the 8800gts.

Another card, an 8400 gs shows a similar ratio of low 2D/3D which is making me think motherboard.

Since my previous message I've gone back to the 182.50 driver which seems to run FSX best. I've tried them right up through the latest beta. No change in the current problem. My flightsims don't seem to generate much heat - highest GPU temp I've seen is 47C. My case has four fans plus CPU, GPU and PSU fans.

Comment

Watching the test, it shows an average of 59 fps for the first part then 37 fps for the second
            There isn't really a 1st part and a 2nd part. There are 4 seperate tests. So this doesn't really answer the question. And the heat generate by a flight sim might not correspond to heat during a benchmark.

See also this FAQ
            Causes and Solutions for a slow PC
            It has a couple of other 2D / 3D solutions.

Comment

Benchmark results?

Found a person with FlightSim, same video driver and similar CPU who allowed me to try my card(s). Worked like a charm - an ASUS board with no onboard graphics.

Comment

Working...
              X