Slow computer Intel Pentium D 2.8Ghz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow computer Intel Pentium D 2.8Ghz

First of all i'd like to say that my english is not best so dont laugh at me

My problem is that my hardware is not bad, but unfortunetly i get a half less marks in my test then those on main page in diagram. As i read causes and solution for slow PC i realised that my computer sux, i have the newest drivers, not big amount of programs installed, i dont have junk, useless programs to optimalize my computer, i have newest drivers, anti-virus, and so on.

My computer :

Intel Pentium D 2x2.8 GHz
    Kingston Memories 2x1024
    MAXTOR STM3250820AS 250GB
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 1024 memory
    ECS 945GZT-M
    Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (32 bit)
    Xbox 550W

The problem is that i have muuuuch lower results than those on ur main page. Any idea why ? maybe my settings in BIOS sux? maybe one hardware of my computer slows other one ? I'll give some examples:

Procesor ~ 620 points - should be 730
    Graphic card in 3dmarks ~450 - should be 940

WTH?

When i'm playing Call of Duty MW2 i have to set medium options to play, when my m8 with worst computer (512 graphic card) can set extra details with shadows, ragdoll, aa x4 or x8 (cant remember) and it's going smoothly. WHY? Can you help me?

================================================== ======

Other thing that i'm thinking about somechanges in my hardware, but i'm a little poor so i dont want to waste money for NASA PC i though about new RAM - 2x2GB DDR2 or ddr3, i'm not sure about this, AMD Phenom II X2 550 AM3 BLACK EDITION BOX CPU and motherboard which works on this CPU, Maybe u have better ideas for better and cheaper hardware?

I'm glad of ur help, TY!

Yes the Pentium D 2.8Ghz is a bit slow and old by todays standards. Running 64bit Windows would lift the CPU benchmark score slightly. There are also several sub models of the Pentium D 2.8Ghz, the 820 and 920, so you might have the slower one.

But you stated your score is less than half the expected score. This is not the case for the CPU. In fact you are just 15% below the average.

The video card performance is in fact a combination of the CPU performance and video performance. A slow CPU will hurt the video card score. Or put another way, the video card is probalby slightly over powered compared to the CPU.

Comment

Yeah u're right i have 820, so the slower ones, so what would you change in this PC for not more than 300$ ? I like the phenom II x2 550 CPU, it has good marks in magazines, then also i'd have to change the MD, which one you prefere? and what about RAM? change DDR2 2x1 for 2x2 or invest in future for DDR3 2x2 ? I'll be glad if you sugest some sets for this PC, i'm a little lost.

PS : It will be for plying ;p

Comment

There is an ongoing discussion here about AMD CPUs, DDR2/3 RAM and matching motherboards.

Comment

Ok thx a lot admin.
          I saw some good pc kits, but thise are a little bit expensive and i still dont know what about ram, ddr2 or ddr3?

Now i'm sure of my phenom II x2 550 Black edition - cheap and good for OC
          Now MB, dead end... ofc socket M3, but what with this ram? ddr2 or ddr3 ? What will be the difference in playing?

Comment

The difference in most real life applications between DDR2 and DDR3 is small. Generally less than 10%. But if the price difference is small take DDR3.

Comment

Working...
            X