Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshiba M3 Tecra laptop

Hey all.

Got an older M3 tecra laptop and I always like to see how it would compare to others of the same type when I get something.. to see how its running.

This one freaked me out.. I am at 1/2 the cpu performance of the same machine running a processor very close.

I have a 2.0gig Pent M and I compared baselines with a 1.83 and a 2.1

I was VERY VERY poor in CPU - other stuff.. I can live with.. as I know a lot of it has to do with the cpu.

Now my memory shows 4/4/4 timing cycles.. could this effect the cpu that much? I thought cpu marks more than others are supposed to be independent.

Any suggestions? can I upload the marks to show people? maybe a screen shot?

It is so low I think something is wrong - I locked the cpu at max in the bios.. but I notice the bios on this laptop does not give me much to play with.. I cant do anything with the memory timings.

HELP.

Bikerbob

The average result for the Pentium M 2Ghz can be found here.

What was your CPU mark?

I doubt RAM timing are the problem. A more common benchmarking issue is laptops running in low power mode, reducing the CPU clock speed.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      The average result for the Pentium M 2Ghz can be found here.

What was your CPU mark?

I doubt RAM timing are the problem. A more common benchmarking issue is laptops running in low power mode, reducing the CPU clock speed.

My mark came out to 262.. and that was with CPU locked on high.. 1995mhz according to CPU ID.. no antivirus running as clean as I could get it.

Something is wrong here.

Bikerbob

Comment

I will do a test with the cpu bus locked on power save.. see how the results vary.. maybe this cpu is throttled.. even if the bus is showing its at full 2.0ghz

Bikerbob

Comment

almost same result locked at 800mhz as if I force it locked at 2000... so this tells me that this laptop is somehow STUCK in low power mode or speed etc..

Now if I force it at 2000 cpuid reports it at 2000 .. but the benchmarks on any program I run show the cpu operating around that of a 800-1000mhz machine.

So how can a laptop be stuck slow.. but report its working at full speed??

Any suggestions on other forums to ask?

Bikerbob

Comment

I would check the temperature next. Some CPU can throttle down on high temps. You might also want to monitor the clock speed while the benchmarks are running and not just at idle.

Comment

Right Mark Clock Utility did the trick for me.. took over the management of the clock etc.. and now I have full and accurate control.

SO now I benchmark like all other machines in my range.

Bikerbob

Comment

Working...
              X