Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very various CPU results

Hi

Iīm new to this site, and there is one thing bothering me. A couple weeks ago I checked my cpu type on the benchmark list and it got the score 1600-something (donīt remember the exact score). Then today I checked it again, but it was missing from the high end list. Then I found it on the High Mid range list. Not because more cpuīs entered the list, but because itīs score has dropped a lot. Now the score is 1579!

Then I thought I would test my own cpu to see how similar the results are. Iīve got a AMD 64 X2 6000+ and a Asus m2n-sli deluxe motherboard. The cpu is slightly clocked by 3% by using the overclocking feature in the bios. Surprisingly I got the score 1970. Thats almost 400 higher than "what it should be"..

From those results I wouldnīt trust the cpu chart one bit. Can someone explain that?

There were in fact more than a dozen new CPU models added during the last 2 weeks. Some Intel i3, i5, i7 variants and Xeon varients and some Phenom varients.

The difference between 1600 and 1579 is a 1.3% change. A very small movement. This movement would have been caused by some new results from this CPU type being included into the average.

You need to ensure you are comparing the just the CPU score to the charts and not your overall system rating. If your CPU is overclocked and you look after your PC (you don't have a mountain of junk applications running in the background) then it is hardly suprising you score above average. Especially if you are using 64bit Windows, which give better results that 32bit. And the average user with this CPU would still be on 32bit.

Comment

so basically what you are saying is the charts on the home page are not accurate at all... My x4 810 over clocked completely kills anything in its class compared to the charts...and my 965 isnt even listed...how can that be if they have over 2600 "samples"

Comment

I am saying that we exclude overclocked CPUs from the main chart (where possible). So if you overclock your CPU and run 64bit, then you can expect to do better than the average CPU which is not overclocked and running 32bit. This really has nothing to do with accuracy of the charts.

and my 965 isnt even listed
        I don't know what exact CPU you are referring to, but we have both the AMD Phenom II X4 965 and Intel Core i7 965 @ 3.20GHz listed.

Comment

Working...
        X