VERY LOW result on 3D graphic test Dx10 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY LOW result on 3D graphic test Dx10 3D

A warning window poped up during the test, said: The DirectX 10 test ran correctly however there was an error during the cleanup phase and some objects may not have been released. This should not have affected the test score.

Benchmark Results
    Test Name: This Computer
    System information: This Computer
    CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
    Number of CPU: 1
    Cores per CPU: 4
    CPU Type: Intel Core i7 Q 720 @ 1.60GHz
    CPU Speed: 1597.1 MHz
    Cache size: 256KB
    O/S: Windows 7 (64-bit)
    Total RAM: 6132.5 MB.
    Available RAM: 4242.1 MB.
    Video settings: 1600x900x32
    Video driver:
    DESCRIPTION: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M
    MANUFACTURER: NVIDIA
    BIOS: Version 62.92.96.0.a
    DATE: 7-27-2009
    Drive Letter: C
    Total Disk Space: 218.2 GBytes
    Cluster Size: 4.0 KBytes
    File system: NTFS

The FPS of Dx10 3D run is 1.58 which seems too low for my settings.
    Anyone knows what's happening?

That error message, as it says, meant something has gone wrong within DirectX itself during the shutdown period.

This error happens on a small number of computers and we are not sure what causes it. As far as we are aware it shouldn't have had any effect on the test results however your score does look somewhat low. Is there anything else running on your system that you can think might be out of the ordinary.

Have you tried updating your drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael (Passmark) View Post
      That error message, as it says, meant something has gone wrong within DirectX itself during the shutdown period.

This error happens on a small number of computers and we are not sure what causes it. As far as we are aware it shouldn't have had any effect on the test results however your score does look somewhat low. Is there anything else running on your system that you can think might be out of the ordinary.

Have you tried updating your drivers?
      Yes, the 2D solid vectors and transparent vectors seemed remarkably low, they were 0.48 and 0.64. The rest of all graphic tests went well.

Btw, I retested the Dx10 3D several times, the results all came out the same somewhere around 1.x. However, after a few hours I did the same test, I got a result around 8-9, which was very high and seemed normal again.

The reason I downloaded this software is that the FPS for my games dropped down suddenly. I dont know why and couldnt figure out. I checked the Nvidia official site and it confirmed my driver the latest.

Now the FPS went back normal again, and I guess it expalins why the Dx10 3D test appears to be normal. Anyway, my problem is the inconsistency of the FPS of the high quality game graphic performances. It's kind of happened randomly, which really bothers me.

Comment

Low scores in those two 2D tests are normal under Windows 7 as explained here.

If your gaming FPS is suffering then it's no surprise that PT also gives poor results. Without access to your PC it's difficult for me to say what is wrong. Although I can make a few suggestions

Firstly when there is no pattern to the faults on a computer this often points to hardware problems. Your video card or perhaps some other system component may be dying. Note however that just because you haven't found a pattern to the faults yet doesn't mean there isn't one.

Your system may be overheating, this would explain why leaving it idling for a few hours would fix things (no/low work will give it time to cool).

There may be some process in the background that runs intermittently, for instance a virus scanner could be running an scheduled scan of your entire system slowing everything down.

Finally I notice that your Video card is a 260M, an M usually stands for a mobile model, is this a laptop you are using? If so it is possible that your system is putting itself into a low power mode in certain circumstances to extend battery life, low power modes also mean low performance.

Comment

Working...
        X