convert html results to baseline .pt format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert html results to baseline .pt format

Ok so right before I built my athlon 64 3200+ I did a benchmark of my athlon XP 3000+ and exported it to html, then after the 64 was done I benchmarked it and realized there was a baseline feature. (I'm relatively new the this program) I would love to be able to compare the two which this feature, but don't have the ability to re-bench my 3000+ as the mobo and cpu are no longer installed anywhere, and I'm not going to reinstall them in my system just to run a test. Is there any simple way to manually create a .PT file, or to convert html to the pt file format. Does anyone know what programming was used to write the file etc? I tried opening it up in notepad, and it looks like a big mess, also tried resource hacker which is good for opening up exe and dll files etc. I realize I could put everything into excel and compare them that way, but I'd really like to make my 3000+ results into a baseline standard. Is this possible, and can someone help me figure it out? Thanks!

There is no easy way to convert the HTML file into a .pt file. Sorry.

The .pt file is a binary file and while it would not be impossible to write some software to do the convertion, it would take a bit of work. (And very few people need a feature like this).

----
    David

Comment

I figured as much, although it might be a nice feature to add, the ability to convert past results from html to .pt, or to manaully build a pt file from estimated or even made up stats.

Comment

I don't think we would want this. We keep a database of baselines results here,
        http://www.passmark.com/baselines/

and people are already submitting misleading baseline files either by direct manipulation of the baseline file with a hex editor or by employing certain system configuration cheats.

Being able to create a .pt file from HTML would mean that none of the baseline files could be trusted.to be accurate.

-------
        David

Comment

You make a very good point, although I was only intending for personal use to more easily compare all the computers I personally come in contact with. I would think however if this ever were seriously considered as a feature that a quality control signature would be useful to provide more credibility to verifiable results, and serve as a cautionary warning to results that could be used to mislead people. Again, thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X