Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing (Highest in individual tests but Lowest Overall Score?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing (Highest in individual tests but Lowest Overall Score?)

I ran CPU mark v7.0 and compared my results with several other baselines running the same processor. I scored 2nd highest in all of the individual tests, however my overall score was lowest at 2119.4?

I understand that 64bit computers will have better results, but how is it possible to have nearly the highest score in all tests but the lowest overall score?

I'm running a q6600 OCed to 3.15GHz. Thanks for the help!

however my overall score was lowest at 2119.4
    Was this the CPUMark number or the overall PassMark rating number?
    What are the actual indivdual numbers you are refering to?

Comment

That was the CPU mark score not the complete Passmark score. By individual tests I mean: "Integer Math", "Floating Point Math", "Prime Numbers"....etc.

Comment

What were your actual results and what machines did you compare them to?

Comment

Here are the results along with a link to a snapshot showing a couple of the test results along with the baselines I compared to. The link is to another forum I posted this question in. I couldn't figure out if I could upload an image here... Thanks again for the help. Also, I'm running Vista Home 32bit.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f55/can-...pu-mark-38279/

CPU Mark: 2119.4
          Integer Math: 557.6
          Floating Point: 1501.2
          Prime # : 984.0
          Multimedia : 10.9
          Compression : 6746.5
          Encryption : 19.8
          Physics : 265.8
          String Sort : 3260.6
          Last edited by ispete; Feb-20-2010, 08:53 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Comment

Just ran PassMark complete benchmark and overall PassMark rating is: 1036.9

Comment

Based on the numbers you have posted your score should be higher. Can you save a baseline file and email it to us at the address listed on the contact page (http://www.passmark.com/about/contact_us.htm)

Comment

Sure, I have that baseline saved so I will e-mail it out.

Comment

Thanks for sending the files. It seems you are running a Beta version of PT7, the CPU score calculation changed from the Beta to final release. Please download the latest version from the product download page (http://www.passmark.com/download/pt_download.htm)

Comment

That was definitely the problem. I am posting much better results now. I feel pretty stupid now, not realizing that I was running the beta version and that could be causing it.

Anyways, sorry for taking your time with something that turned out to be so trivial. But I really appreciate you taking the time to help with it!

Comment

Working...
                    X