pittiful score please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pittiful score please help

Hi everyone, I have read the stickys and some threads, but nothing can explain why my passmark score is 272! I have an i7 920 not OC'd @2.67GHz, X58 motherboard, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 4870x2 card with 2GB DDR5 not OC'd, 800 watt collermaster PSU, this is all inside a massive HAF 932 case. It seems that my wifes notebook with an intel atom would outscore me here, and my PC is well worth over 3k!! I have no trouble running video games at full settings. Please help me and tell me why this score is so bloody low!!

You need to look at the individual results to see which result is pulling the overall score down. e.g. it might be very low 2D scores, or a very low CD score.

Comment

well, i'm comparing my cpu results to a so called "generic" i7 920, same GHz, and it blows mine away...the two should be the same shouldnt they?

Comment

well, without the disk scan and cd scan, my pc with the gpu, cpu, and ram equal to 1820 in the passmark score, so obviously my cd drive and hard drive are really bogging down my pc, but my seagate 500GB HD is only at 1% fragment...wtf...

Comment

i'm comparing my cpu results to a so called "generic" i7 920, same GHz, and it blows mine away
          What are the two CPUMark scores?

my seagate 500GB HD is only at 1% fragment...wtf...
          There are other factors besides fragmentation that effect the speed of a disk.

What are the actual results you are getting for the disk and CD tests in MB/Sec?

Comment

You need to post:

OS and software configuration
            Actual results.

Note that background processes will tend to give you lower results too, try to eliminate these before you run the test.

Your results should be in the same region as the generic baseline, so yes, there is something about your system that is giving you very poor results.

Comment

Working...
            X