Reading the Benchmark Scores in CPU Lookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading the Benchmark Scores in CPU Lookup

Hi. I was debating on which laptop I should buy, and was checking the benchmark performance of AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M620 and the Intel Core i5 430M. Their respective benchmark scores were 1647, and 2394. With the i5 on top. I then noticed that the i5 was on the High End Cpu benchmark section, while the AMD was in the High Mid Range Cpu. Is there a difference between the two? Can I compare the numbers as is? Or do I need to weigh in the fact that one is in the high end section while the other is not?

Also, I really like only the HP laptop designs, but can't seem to find the in between Cpus like Intel Core i5 540. If I can't find it, and if the i5 is indeed better than the highest AMD which was the Ultra m620, then I was going to go with the Intel: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157111

Is it a good choice? Thank you.

Yes, you can compare them.
    There was just too many CPUs to fit them into 1 chart, so we have to break the list up into a number of charts.

If you could print them all out, then you could place them one under the other, and adjust the Y axis scale, you could have one large chart.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. =]

Comment

Working...
      X