CPU Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Comparison

This is my first post at PassMark, so I'm hoping this is the right forum for this ... The Benchmark rankings show the 1.4 Intel Core2 Solo u3500 performing considerably better than the 1.6 Athlon Neo MV-40. Yet, my understanding was that the MV-40 was a dual core, and isn't 1.6 generally better than 1.4GHz? I'm looking at comparable 11.6 laptops with these two CPUs and trying to decide which is better. Thanks for any insights.

Clock speed isn't a good indication of performance any more. The Core 2 architecture allows for good performance even at low clock speeds.

Comment

But there seems to be something wrong with the performance of the U3500 @ 1.40GHz, because it scores 501. The U4100 @ 1.30GHz scores 990, and even the 2300 @ 1.20GHz scores 913, what makes me think that it doesn't make any sense the U3500 scoring so low.

I was looking to buy a simple laptop with this processor, now I'm not sure anymore...

Comment

The U3500 (Core 2 solo) is a single core CPU.

The U4100 is dual core. So despite that fact that it has a clock speed 7% lower the dual core gives it better performance.

Comment

Working...
        X