Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enormous CD/Disk numbers: How?

Hello,

Several top benchmark submissions have enormous CD and diskmark results (e.g. CD mark of 267988 and diskmark of 42024). How are these high numbers possible? I am running 3 high-end SSD's in RAID1 mode with extremely high end system (5GHz i7-980X, 12GB 6-6-8-24 DDR3...) but my diskmark is 4732, nearly an order of magnitude below the highest numbers. Similarly, my cdmark is 916, more than 2 orders of magnitude less than the highest number.

Any idea how those kind of numbers can be achieved?

Thanks!

Well have a look. But pure RAM drives make SSD's look slow. And there are also drives like the Fusion-io that do around 1500 MB/sec

Comment

Thanks. A hothardware.com review shows that fusion-io has a similar performance as 2 to 4 of SSD RAID. So ~10X performance even from fusion-io is not possible. Also, this does not explain over 100X bigger cdmark.

Do the benchmark submisisons include what CD/HD harware was used for that benchmark? If so that would explain these results.

Comment

I had a look at the data and it does just seem to be people RAM disks. The CD drives are also RAM disks of some sort.

Comment

The hothardware article also only looked at the slower 700MB/sec iofusion drive. There is a faster model available.

Comment

Working...
          X