Sporadic 3D Test Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sporadic 3D Test Results

I'm seeing weird issues when testing out Windows 7 with Performance Test 7.0 64-bit. (Have previously witnessed this in 32-bit as well.)

All 3 platforms are using the latest Dell video driver. Test was run 3 times, with a reboot between each iteration. All 3 platforms have 4gb RAM.

Issues are:

D630 with nVidia NVS135M. Ran successfully 2 of the 3 attempts. Last run it returned an error of: "The 3D test was interrupted or there was an error during render of the 3D scene. The results for this test will not be used."

E6400 with nVidia NVS160M. Ran successfully 2 of the 3 attempts. Same error as above.

E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M. Ran successfully 1 of the 3 attempts. Same error as above.

Keep in mind, 3 was the number I used just to capture that moment in time. If I keep running the tests, there is no rhyme, reason, or pattern to how many times the platform will fail/pass. I'm just curious if there is something I can do to eliminate the inconsistency.

Which of the 3D tests failed?
    How are you running the test(s)? One at a time from the menu, or all at once with the Run All option, or via the Run all 3D option, or via scripting?

The Quadro video cards have caused grief in the past. Some of the past device drvier versions were buggy and caused crashes on some O/S. This would seem to be a different issue, but might still be device driver related. These card were never really designed for general 3D gaming.

Might also be a timing issue. Can you try running each 3D tests individually, one at a time, from the menu. Leaving a gap of 10 seconds between each test.

Comment

Working...
    X