Problems with Stuttering in-game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Stuttering in-game

Hi, I have some problems with (I think) rendering models.
    It makes my screen stutter when i'm playing APB (All Points Bulletin)

Here is my benchmark:
    http://www.box.net/shared/4zmz7y6kzy

Hope someone can help me will defrag in the meanwhile.

Looking at the benchmark results, they seem OK for the hardware you have.

So the problem is probably not a HW issue. More likely it is your internet connection if playing online, some background task running from time to time hitting the CPU or disk, bad coding in the game, or device driver issue.

You could try running the game at a lower resolution offline to see if that helps.

Comment

Just been informed this is an online game only. So the advice to try offline doesn't make any sense.

So it sounds more like latency issues on your Net connection, or overloaded game servers.

Comment

I had a look at the system requirements for All Points Bulletin and they recommend a 8800 GT with 512 megs of ram or higher. Since your 8800 GTS is a 320 meg card it could be the cause of the stuttering. Have you tried lowering the resolution in game? Also try lowering the graphics quality settings in game. If the stuttering goes away your 8800 GTS does not have enough texture memory. If it makes no difference the stuttering is most likely caused by either your net connection, a poorly written device driver or the game itself. You can check your net connection at speedtest.net and Pingtest.net. Run tests at both places as they check for different problems. If you get good results here run DPC latency checker. If you have high DCP latency you have a poorly written driver or driver conflict. If you have high DPC latency download the PDF from the same site to help you ID the source of the high latency. If you have a Realtek NIC the driver that ships with windows is know to cause high DPC latency. An updated driver should be available through windows update or from Realtek here if this is the case.

P.S. if you want to run games at your monitors native resolution of 1920x1080 you will need a much higher end GPU such as a ATI HD 5870 or better or a Nvidia GTX 460 or better.

Hope this helps
        Bill
        Last edited by wonderwrench; Jul-14-2010, 04:32 PM.
        Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
        X