Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PerformanceTest freezing on 2D Video Test

Hello,

We are currently running PerformanceTest 7.0 on a new system with a fresh installation of Windows XP SP3. We've been experiencing failiures with PerformanceTest 7.0 build 1018 using a script for a finite amount of loops. The results are beeing logged using the exportcsv command.

We noticed that PerformanceTest 7.0 will most of the time, if not always, freeze on the Complex Vectors test. As well, we can see that the Windows Interface results go downhill from the first loop, with each succesive loop losing 2-3 images per second until the program finally freezes. (After 80-90 loops)

Interestingly enough is that the computer isn't frozen, only the program. We've experimented with different video drivers and still no luck.

Any clues would be useful right now as we would like to use PerformaceTest to test our systems.

Thanks for any help.

Marc

Can you email us (http://www.passmark.com/about/contact_us.htm) the scipt file you are using so we can see if we can replicate the problem.

Comment

thank you Michael, I just sent in the email.

I see that v1015 added a mini-dump function. I can't seem to find any dump in the root directory of PerformanceTest. Where is this dump located?

Marc

Comment

I've got your email and have begun investigating.

The dump will not be created in all instances, as you can imagine during a crash the app is somewhat unstable and may not react the way we want it to (well actually it's already not acting the way we want it to, so a little more isn't too surprising).

Normally the dump will be in the current users "Documents\PassMark\PerformanceTest" folder, however if it is created PT will show a message box informing you that it has been created and where to find it.

Comment

Working...
        X