Problems with complex 3d test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with complex 3d test

My computer seems to run everything fine, except when it gets to the 3d compelx test, it flashes like its changing resolution, changes back, then it seems to do nothing. My desktop gadgets have the GPU at 0% where all other tests its at 100%. While the GPU is at 0 the CPU is still running about the same as in the other graphics test.

After it does that i have to task manager out of it. Just annoying i can't run all tests and have to do them all individually each time.

My graphics cards a GTX460. Trying to figure out why my comp freezes a few times a week, it buzzes for a half second then video stops, sound continues fine but video stops, so hopefully theyre related.

Check your video card device drivers are up to date.
    Don't over clock the video card nor the CPU.
    Don't run any extra video card gadgets at the same time as the tests. We have seen examples of some 3D accessory software causing crashes.
    Check your power supply is adequate for the hardware you have.
    Check for overheating.

Comment

Updated drivers but it had no effect, all the others are already done.

Any other ideas??

Comment

What are the specs of the machine?

If you have spares (or on board video) try swapping the video card and the monitor.

Generally buzzing sounds from electronics are bad news.

Comment

Sounds to me like a power supply problem. How much power does yours have?

Comment

Working...
          X