Passmark rating when DirectX 10 test fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passmark rating when DirectX 10 test fails

Is it possible to figure out or get an overall "Passmark Rating" when the DirectX 10 3D graphics test fails?

I am running repeated Passmark tests over time for a science project and as my computer heats up over time, sometimes the DirectX 10 3D test fails (it says the driver nvlddmkm stopped responding ... I looked it up and that means that the graphics card was too slow to respond) so I get an "incomplete" rating. I was hoping I could still figure out the Passmark Rating even though it didn't get the number for that one 3d test.

I tried making a script that does all the tests but skips the DirectX 10 test but when the script ran it showed an incomplete rating and on the Summary page it had no mark for 3D Graphics. Can I make a script that runs all the tests but that one and still get a complete rating?

Also, I am testing some other older computers too ... on those computers the DirectX 10 test does not even run because it is not supported on the computer but i still get a 3D graphics mark with just the other 3 tests and I still get a "complete" Passmark rating.

Is there anyway to get a complete rating without the DirectX 10 test?

Thanks!

follow up

Just to follow up ...

It is a Nvidia GeForce 9100 graphics card (onboard) running Vista 64-bit.
    I have the latest driver from Nvidia (oct 2010) and all the latest Windows updates.

Also, I tried using the formula in the help which seems to be:
    Passmark rating = 1 divided by the sum of (weight/score) for each mark

but when i applied that to several test runs in which Directx 10 passed, it did not calculate out correctly.

Thanks!

Comment

The formula is a simplified version of what we do, there's a bunch of other modifiers in the actual calculation.

If PerfomanceTest detects the system is capable of running DX10 then that test must be run before an complete overall rating will be calculated. The only way around this would be to swap in a non DX10 capable video card or switch the OS to Windows XP.

Keep in mind the Passmark rating is largely arbitrary. If you are doing a science project you may want to export all the results to a spreadsheet (export to csv) and devise your own formula for an overall score.

Comment

Found a solution

Just wanted to follow up with a possible solution.

What I was doing was testing my computer over a 2 hour period with t=0 being when the computer is first turned on after having been off overnight.

At t=0 the DirectX10 test would pass and I would get a complete result.
        Then I would close Passmark and re-test every 30 minutes. At a certain point, the DirectX 10 test would fail and I would get an incomplete result that was really not comparable to the other values.

I happened on a solution ... if I keep Passmark open from the t=0 test and the DirectX 10 test failed on subsequent tests, it would report the failure but still give a complete result using the result from t=0. This did not really affect the overall rating because the DirectX 10 value on the computer was always 1.0 or less FPS so it wasn't like using the value from t=0 affected the rating that much.

So ... if you run a successful set of tests, keep the Passmark app open for future tests to get a complete result number even if DirectX 10 fails.

Comment

Working...
        X