Pc not performing as it should? WoW FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc not performing as it should? WoW FPS

I'm unsure but I do believe the FPS I'm getting in wow, for example, is lower than it should be.
    I just built this computer the other day.

Here's the computer parts, OS is win7 64bit.
    GPU: Asus HD 6970
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T Black Edition
    Motherboard: Asus Crosshair Formula IV
    HDD: Corsair SSD Force Series 2,5" 60GB (x2 in RAID 0 )
    RAM: Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB, CL9 (x2)
    PSU: 750watt

Do you know if the scores I'm getting are as they should be?

http://img535.imageshack.us/i/53073347.png/

What drivers are you using for your 6970?

Comment

Driver Version 8.790.6.0.

That's catalyst control center 10.12

Comment

Can't really comment on your WoW frame rates (as I don't play WoW and you didn't post the numbers in any case).
        But your results in PerformanceTest look OK. Nothing obviously wrong.

Comment

ok, nice to know. Thanks. I'm going down as low as 20 fps in wow if you wish to know.

*edit /w more info*

Allrighty!

Let's see: Resolution 1920x1200, everything on ULTRA. Triple buffering disabled, reduce input lag disabled.

Going between 20 and 60 fps dependant of area.
          Last edited by gforce42; Jan-17-2011, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Like I said, I don't play WoW. But for anyone to comment they'll probably need to know your settings in the game (like screen resolution, windowed mode, shadows, etc..).

Comment

Edited more info into last post. Anyways, the system I'm comparing against has these components:

Motherboard: h55m-s2
              GPU: Gigabyte gforce gtx 460
              HDD: samsung f3 1tb
              RAM: patriot dual channel 1333mhz 4gb (2x2gb)
              CPU: Intel Core i3-540

and the guy using this is getting 80+ fps where I have 20.

Comment

Same settings?
                Same place in the game?
                Same number of people in the room?
                Same expansion and patch release of the game?

If your max is never > 60.0 fps, then check you are limited to the monitors refresh rate (which is probably 60).

Comment

Yep to all of those.

Comment

Are you using the 10.12a hotfix drivers? I know there was a specific fix for the 69xx cards. I have a 6870 and use the 10.10e hotfix drivers. I don't play WoW but all my other modern games run great (except GTA IV EFLC.. GTA IV original runs alright but does have some slight stutter). I don't think the 10.10e support the 69xx series so you may have to wait for AMD to get their drivers fixed as i've seen some with issues with other games on 10.12.

Comment

I have no idea! I just downloaded the top file there.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-64.aspx

*edit* I notice the second one says 64 bit, downloading & installing that one now...

Comment

This is the driver you'll need - http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...12ahotfix.aspx The hotfix is specific for the 69xx series cards. I don't know if it will fix WoW but that is the specific driver that came out after the original 10.12 on the download page to fix some issues with the 69xx cards.

Comment

Also you may want to do a google search for the 6970 and WoW to see any other people having the issues and what they did to fix it.

Comment

Bleh, bluescreenofdeath and won't let me start up system....

Anyways, I'll just hope the reason was I used 32bit driver and not 64. I'll also try the new one you linked.

Thanks for all help, I'm giving up on this right now, the blue screen flashes up when trying to start windows, then the computer restarts...

Going to bed, good night.
                            Last edited by gforce42; Jan-17-2011, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gforce42 View Post
                              Bleh, bluescreenofdeath and won't let me start up system....

Anyways, I'll just hope the reason was I used 32bit driver and not 64. I'll also try the new one you linked.

Thanks for all help, I'm giving up on this right now, the blue screen flashes up when trying to start windows, then the computer restarts...

Going to bed, good night.
                              Yikes.. Ends at 4:20am.. No more posts? Been there. Ow! Any updates?

I was battling an older ATI card and WOW for a bit. I would sit there and fiddle with each setting in the middle of a busy town and watch frame-rates as I did so. Then I'd get up and run around looking quickly around to make sure there's no hesitation, and that's what I'd play with.

I've since upgraded to a much faster config with ATI (er AMD now) cards in crossfire, so WOW isn't any concerns now. Wish I could help you more?
                              for i in [nerdy]; do nothing(but(drink[99, JLB],beer)); sleep;

Comment

Working...
                              X