Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO UNDERSTAND THE SCORES.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am using Toshiba Satellite Laptop 1415-S173 and have some problems. My Windows Media Player 10 plays choppy streaming video files .wmv. A week ago the computer started to work slow and Player started to play choppy videos. I used Norton System Works Premium 2005 and solved part of problems. The speed is normal now, but the VIDEOS IS STILL CHOPPY.

Then I run Performance Test V5.0 and get next result.

The PassMark Rating was 30.2. There are some other low results.

CPU-Compression: 110.4 of 200
    CPU- Encryption: 0.53 of 10
    Graphics 2D-shapes: 1.4 of 10
    Graphics 3D-complex: 0.24 of 10
    Disk-Random seek +RW: 1.7 of 10
    CD-Read: 0.01 of 10
    CD Mark: 0.09 of 10

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT KIND OF PROBLEM HAS MY COMPUTER, IS THERE A WAY TO SOLVE THESE PROBLEMS, HOW TO UNDERSTAND THE SCORES.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
    Peter

If you don't have a lot of computer knowledge interpreting the results can be confusing. There are however a few simple concepts that can help you.

- The bigger the number the faster the computer.
    - The results are not a percentage figure. Nor are they a mark out of something. They are relative figures. A computer with a result of 400 can process roughly twice as much data as a computer with a result of 200.

You didn't post the specs for your machine, but I think that model wasn't so old? In which case the scores you posted are low.

There are many many reasons why this might be the case. Too many to list them all. But some common ones are,
    - Fragmented disk
    - Spyware running in the background
    - Too many legitimate tasks running in too little ram (Bloat)
    - Wrong device drivers (esp. video card drivers)

-----
    David

Comment

Working...
    X