Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Encryption test shuts down computer

Hello,
    When running the Performance Test, v.6.1018, for a new AMD Phenom II Quad 2.8GHz model 925 processor, on a new MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 motherboard, the system just shuts down everytime when it reaches the CPU Encryption test on Windows 7 32bit. Now you might say that I should use a newer version of Performance Test but the same test completes without any problems on an Intel 2.5GHz Quad core, also running Windows 7 32bit.
    Is this a quirk of an AMD Phenom Quad processor, or what?
    Any guidance would be much appreciated, thanks.

Ken
    Last edited by kenwhelp; Mar-25-2011, 11:54 AM. Reason: A smiley appeared in text where it was not required.

Well yes, you should try running V7 of PerformanceTest. Especially if you are using new hardware and Win7.

There is a small chance it was a bug we corrected some time in the past few years, but more likely is that you have faulty hardware. e.g. bad CPU, bad RAM, no heat sink connected, etc..

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply.
      I subsequently tried an install on the same system of XP Pro.
      That failed with the same sudden shutdown problem during the initial phase of the XP installation, so it looks like I've acquired an inherent problem with the board or processor, after changing the RAM and PSU (onboard graphics was used). After consultation with the supplier, I've gone for another motherboard (different model) and will see how that goes.

Ken

Comment

Computer shuts down during CPU Encryption Test

Hi there, just to let you know that the test was fine after I changed the motherboard.
        Ken

Comment

Working...
        X