passmark test identifies ati 6950 as 6850 w/device id 6719

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passmark test identifies ati 6950 as 6850 w/device id 6719

I paid $30 dollars for performance test that doesnt work. it incorrectly identifies my gpu . I created a thread earlier , but apparently it got deleted because i posted about the same issue on another thread. after they deleted it , passmark employee sent me a msg telling me not to do that , and decided not to answer my question. so this is basically a post to find out why this is happening. If someone could please reply that would be great because im sure this post will probably get deleted too. TO THINK ALL I DID WAS PAY $30 FOR A PROGRAM THAT INCORRECT IDENTIFIES MY GPU, so here is my original post, and if you wanna delete it then please refund my ceredit card..

original post:
    I have an ati hd 6950 2gb gddr5 purchased recently with new pc. the gpu itself has a green sticker that says 6950 w/black pcb. But the passmark performance test shows I have a 6850 w/ device id 6719. Which makes no sense at all because 6719 is the device id for the 6950. every program i run to get info on my gpu gives me weird info. for instance cpu-z says my card has (-) negative vram of 2048mb and also doesnt state any other info in the gpu tab except vram and says amd 6000 series.

should i be worried . does this mean my card is broke , i see all types of cpu-z screenshots in forums with all the gpu info how it should be, but not mine.. and also passmark which is all about benchmarking identifies my card incorrectly, pretty strange. BTW i have not unlocked the gpu or bios at all. Could someone please let me know if this is their sorftware or my hw...thanx

original post:

Your original post and your 4 follow ups were never deleted. They are all here, exactly where you left them. Only the off topic identical duplicates were deleted.

All your posts were made within a few hours of each other on the same day. It is unrealistic to expect a technical investigation and response within a few hours on Friday (a public holiday) on the Easter long week end.

Further you said yourself that "...every program i run to get info on my gpu gives me weird info. for instance cpu-z says my card has (-) negative vram of 2048mb and also doesnt state any other info in the gpu tab".
    If every program including CPU-Z reports something wrong with your card, then it is likely there is something wrong or unusual with your card.

Finally, our software is not $30. And we have no record of a purchase from your E-mail address.

Comment

I would guess nothing is wrong with your GPU. It will just take some time for software developers to add support for your card as its very new. ATI/AMD GPU's use a poor method of ID'ing their GPU's. I would guess they are using the same device ID for the 6950 and 6850 so this is really not a PT issue. Passmark may be able to work around the problem and if they can they will, just give them some time. Having PT incorrectly ID your GPU should not affect the results anyway so it should not be a big deal.

Bill
      Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

The original post was updated with a likely solution.

Comment

Working...
        X