Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search for baselines by performance score

Hi all-

is it possible to add a preset search by Performance score Range? I would be very interested to see what hardware specs produce scores equivalent to what I received.

For example, I've benchmarked an ASUS N82 (i7-740Q) laptop this morning that has some modifications from factory standard - addl. RAM and an SSD, and this appears to have boosted its Passmark score significantly compared to other laptops with the same CPU and/or GPU. But now I wonder - what other laptops or desktops received a score similar to this one? Are they more or less expensive? This would provide an easy method to compare overall 'value' in a machine or its upgrade parts vs. dissimilar hardware.

You can't search for a range of overall scores.

You can have look at the CPU charts, HDD charts and GPU charts to find what components fit into what range however.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      You can't search for a range of overall scores.

You can have look at the CPU charts, HDD charts and GPU charts to find what components fit into what range however.
      So a manual lookup of the web-posted charts is the only option for score-based comparison? That means it's very difficult to compare an integrated system - such as any laptop. Mix&match is easy to do with desktops but this makes it a lot harder to compare laptops to each other, or establish a value comparison (where a system is overall in relation to the market as a whole) except by a single primary component..

Comment

From the baseline search function in PerformanceTest you can search by a dozen different criteria. Then once a search is done you can click on the "Rating" column heading to sort by the overall score. Once sorted you could start to pick machines that fall into a certain range.

Comment

Working...
        X