Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i7 2600k benchmark

Hello guys.

I have a question: are these benchmarks results from this website considering overclocking on the results? Because I have the software here, and my i7 2600k gets 9100 points, while other baselines with same cpu and motherboard gets like 10000 - 11000.

If the answer is no, I think the problem is in the bios settings, specifically in the power efficiency options. I'd appreciate any suggestions for what options I must enable or disable in bios to get maximum performance just like the other baselines.

Thanks in advance.

This chart excludes overclocking,
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

This chart is only overclocked CPU,
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/overclocked_cpus.html

The baseline files are a mix of all benchmark submissions. But you can generally see when a CPU is overclocked from the system information window.

This FAQ covers common performance issues,
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC
    There is no single cause.

In general the motherboard manufacturers setup the BIOS correctly and systematic tweaking is not required.

Comment

Hm, I see.

But I've downloaded lot of baselines for the 2600k, and I see results variating between 7900 and 11200 points. Can such a difference in cpu performance really be related to other components of the machine?

By the way, my system specs are almost the same from the 11000 points baseline that I compared, including the same motherboard model (Z68 Chipset) and I still get 2000 points less.

Any ideas what may cause this?

Comment

It didn't say it was only related to other components. There are many issues that can effect performance.

This FAQ covers common performance issues,
        Causes and Solutions for a slow PC
        There is no single cause.

Comment

I see.

So its normal for a non overclocked 2600k to get that score I got.

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Working...
          X