Very Low 2d Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Low 2d Scores

Will this actually affect display on my desktop and games?
    Maybe images are not so clear as they should be?
    Video card is Palit E-Green gts 250

PassMark(TM) PerformanceTest 7.0 Evaluation Version (http://www.passmark.com)
    Results generated on: Sunday, July 31, 2011

Benchmark Results

Test Name: This Computer
    Graphics 2D - Solid Vectors: 0.6
    Graphics 2D - Transparent Vectors: 0.7
    Graphics 2D - Complex Vectors: 105.4
    Graphics 2D - Fonts and Text: 127.4
    Graphics 2D - Windows Interface: 73.5
    Graphics 2D - Image Filters: 272.7
    Graphics 2D - Image Rendering: 215.9
    2D Graphics Mark: 213.3
    PassMark Rating: 456.5

System information: This Computer
    CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
    Number of CPU: 1
    Cores per CPU: 4
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon II X4 630
    CPU Speed: 2800.6 MHz
    Cache size: 512KB
    O/S: Windows 7 (32-bit)
    Total RAM: 2047.2 MB.
    Available RAM: 1243.6 MB.
    Video settings: 1920x1080x32
    Video driver:
    DESCRIPTION: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
    MANUFACTURER: NVIDIA
    BIOS: Version 62.92.9a.0.0
    DATE: 7-23-2011
    Drive Letter: C
    Total Disk Space: 48.7 GBytes
    Cluster Size: 4.0 KBytes
    File system: NTFS

For Win7 the 2D result don't look so bad.
    Why do you think they are all very low?

It won't effect how clear the display is.

If the score was in fact very low then you might notice it for some desktop operations. And maybe for some games, depending on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      For Win7 the 2D result don't look so bad.
      Why do you think they are all very low?

It won't effect have clear the display is.

If the score was in fact very low then you might notice it for some desktop operations. And maybe for some games, depending on the game.
      oh so this is normal?
      i thought it was low because i was comparing it to other score with the same videocard...
      thnx for the reply

Comment

To compare 2D you need really need to compare systems with the same O/S, the same CPU and same video card. As all can have an impact.

See also this FAQ
        http://www.passmark.com/support/perf...erformance.htm

Comment

Two aspects of the 2D test

Graphics 2D - Solid Vectors: 0.6
          Graphics 2D - Transparent Vectors: 0.7

On my computer these two areas are pretty low also, I ran PT before I updated any drivers and stuff and scored around 8-10 if I remember right (not at the computer right now) and then I finished installing everything and those numbers dropped down to 1.6-1.8 and that dropped my overall mark down about 800 points. I dont know if the first test was a fluke or if something screwed it up.

Comment

Can't really comment without more details. O/S, CPU, GPU, Driver version, etc..
            Typically Windows auto-installs some video card drivers. So it is unlikely you were running without any drivers initially.

Comment

Low 2D vectors scores

I have read at lot of threads on this. Lots of people say its the driver but in my case I compared with same driver.
              I have a Ge Force GTS 450 Driver Version 8.17.7533 and scored 1.31 compared to the same setup of 5.9(349% better)
              I rolled back the the to this because the compared results information posted was this. I have two cards bother perform this same +/-.1%.

So all the same hardware all the same drivers. The cards are good.

2D Solid Vectors 1.39 compared to 6.2
              2D Transparent Vectors 1.31 compared to 5.9

Full setup is
              WIN 7 64 bit
              AMD Pll 1090T @ 3.7GHz
              Crosshair V
              8G's of G.Skill 1866
              Ge Force GTS 450

Any information on whats hold the computer back on these will be awesome thanks.

Comment

You state you are comparing your machine. But comparing it to what?

Comment

Why is it that computers with the exact same specs have such a noticeable(visual chart) difference in 2D vector scores?

Obviously, something has to be in common software wise that causes the 3 and 2 computers to put out the same scores. Weird.

Specs:
                  -Macbooks running 2415M or 2435M w/ Intel HD 3000 (all with older drivers then my R835)

-The "ear" macbook and R835 has 8GB vs the typical 4.

Drivers:
                  15-2: .2245
                  13 inch: .2509
                  ear: .2509
                  end: .2509
                  r835: .2559

The specs just dont make sense with the results, some of the results should of been the same.

Last edited by PowerOutage; Dec-27-2011, 07:52 PM.

Comment

SOLVED

GUESS WHAT I THINK IT IS!?

I re-installed the driver, still 2559 BUT the 64bit version. This also might mean that the windows update utility is throwing out the 32bit version!

Intel HD 64 Bit Drivers

My scores are now better then Macbook Pro's. and i spent less then $830 w/ssd + 8GB 1600mhz. I can now use my laptop in peace and laugh at them in my head for how much they paid for them.

Comment

Yes, having the right drivers can definitely make a difference.

But 32bit drivers won't work on 64bit systems.
                      32bit applications work OK on 64bit systems, but not the drivers. So maybe there is more to it than just 32/64bit.

Comment

Hmmm, well, I don't know what changed then. The driver version was the same but the .exe setup from Intel I downloaded had a different title then the one I got through their auto update utility.

Well I hope this helps out someone in the future, in this case the problem seemed to be a faulty driver that hurt the 2D performance.

I still think it was a 32bit/64bit issue because the 32bit setup seemed like it was going to let me install it before I canceled it and realized i had the wrong driver.

Well check that out, if anyone has success leave a reply so we can settle this.
                        Last edited by PowerOutage; Dec-28-2011, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X