Is this benchmark score about right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this benchmark score about right?

I have a feeling that I screwed this system up while building it and I just tried the performance test and it feels slower than it should be, not that I know.
    so, I hope that some of you fine people here will be able to tell me that I am right or wrong about it.

My system specs are:

EDIT: HAPPY 2006!!!!!

I had a quick look. I didn't see anything that looked obviously wrong or drastically low.

For people who have purchased the software we keep a database of benchmark results. This can be accessed from inside PerformanceTest (under the 'baseline' menu).

There is also a web page version here,
    http://www.passmark.com/baselines/searchdb.php

This feature allows you to compare you machine to others.

----
    David

Comment

By disabling the anti virus and closing the on line connection I get a score of 670, I wonder if I would get higher if I disabled all the rest background programs. (I have 480 MBs RAM occupied somewhere and I don't know where)

The thing that troubles me is the 2.8 MB/s result from the HDD. Feels awfully small.
      Thanks for your reply.

Comment

It is probably the disk cache using up that amount of RAM. (Which is normal for Windows on a machine with a lot of RAM).

You might get a higher CD score if you use a test CD with big files on it. (rather than lots of small files).

Some background tasks can certainly slow down your machine.

I have just made a new post that summaries some investigation we did on Windows background tasks a few months back, see,
        http://www.passmark.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1091

----
        David

Comment

RESULTS

Looks good to me for your system keep trying to Tweak and test your settings you could get more of it just keep trying

Merlin
          Asus P5N32-SLI Plus
          Intel Q6600 2.4 @ 3.0Ghz
          2Gb Crucial Blistex 4-4-4-12
          2x WD Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM drives
          1x Seagate Barracuda 300GB 7200RPM
          1x ASUS EN8800GT 512 OC 700/1900
          Coolermaster 750W PSU
          Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Heatsink

Comment

Working...
          X