Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i7 2600K with GTX 560 - 2443 Passmark Rating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i7 2600K with GTX 560 - 2443 Passmark Rating?

I just bought a new computer and I'm a little worried about my benchmark scores. Could someone take a look at this and let me know if they seem a bit low?

The 3D score is actually quite good, but the CPU score of 9215 is below the average score of over 10,000. Is my disk mark pulling my overall score down? (The drive is supposed to be 7200 RPM and 6.0 GB/s.)

System Summary
    Windows 7 (64-bit)
    Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.40GHz
    8109 MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
    1863GB HDD

PassMark Rating
    FridayBaseline.pt 2443.5

CPU Mark
    FridayBaseline.pt 9215.4

2D Graphics Mark
    FridayBaseline.pt 409.6

3D Graphics Mark
    FridayBaseline.pt 3003.4

Memory Mark
    FridayBaseline.pt 2488.7

Disk Mark
    FridayBaseline.pt 798.7

CD Mark
    FridayBaseline.pt 1360.0

Are you running the 64bit release of PerformanceTest?

7% below the average isn't that bad. Especially when this CPU tends to be one enthusiasts purchase (which means they tend to tweak their PC to make it a bit faster).

See also this FAQ
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

Your disk result is OK for a traditional magnetic hard drive. It is of course completely decimated by newer SSDs however.

Comment

Yes, I am running the 64K version.

I guess my overall score isn't too bad. It's just a bit lower than I would like. (I'm getting the same info from other benchmark programs. Not sure why. Low quality PSU perhaps?)

I used Gigabyte's Smart QuickBoost tool to overclock the 2600K to 3.9GHZ and that got my CPU Mark above 10K (average for the 2600K) but when I ran Prime95 my core temperatures jumped into the mid 80s after only a couple of minutes, so I turned it off.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X