CPU test problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU test problem

Hello, pt7 32-bit only recognizes 1 core of my cpu (core i5 2400) and doing the cpu test only uses 25% of it. How can I fix this? thanks

The number of CPU/cores may be limited in the BIOS or your system was "tweaked" to run on a reduce number of cores. Solution can be found in the Sticky post Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

Comment

You can also manually adjust the number of processes used by PerformanceTest from the Edit / Preferences window.

Comment

Thank you passmark i've solved it

Comment

Question concerning the CPU test as well.

If a dual core CPU with hyperthreading:
          - 1) Is detected to have 4 cores by the Performance Test Software (the software should detect 4 cores? or 2?)
          - 2) Is detected to have only 1 core but the OS is able to detect 4 cores

Would there be a vast difference in scores if one were to run the CPU test in both options with the same CPU?

Comment

PerformanceTest will detect and use multiple CPU, multiple cores and hyperthreading, when available.

Comment

So if the Performance Test dosen't detect more than 1 core, it would not use the multiple cores during its benchmarking?

Comment

Correct.
                But if the BIOS and O/S are setup correctly, and there are less than 64 cores, then there is no cases we know about where the detection fails.

Comment

Working...
                X