Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passmark5 score 450 Is there Any possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passmark5 score 450 Is there Any possibility?

Hello!! I have Passmark5 software installed in my system. It is an average system and i want to buy a new one. My first criteria in choosing the components will be the overall passmark5 score. Please advise me a minimum configuration which can reach 450 as Passmark5 overall score.

Many Thanx in advance

As the PassMark rating is a combination of individual test results, there is pretty much an infinite number of ways to get a score of 450.

e.g.
    a slow CPU with a fast disk drive
    a fast CPU with a slow disk.
    a fast video card with slow RAM & average disk
    etc..

Here are two examples,

Athlon XP 3200+, 1 GB RAM, GeForce 6800GT, Western Digital WD2000JB HD, ==> Score 422

HP WX9300 Workstation, Dual Opteron 244, Seagate Barracuda 7200 drive, Quadro FX3400 video, ==> Score 480.

-------
    David

Comment

Thanks alot. I think a dualcore 4200+ , 1gb kingston ddr400 , a 6600gt and a WD 7200rpm may result 450 in passmark 5. I will try. If you may have any advices, i'll be happy to hear. Anyway, thanks again for your previous advice.

Comment

I would expect a score of around 500 with those HW specs. Maybe as high as 550.

------
        David

Comment

One of my computers is a P4, with 80 gig Seagate SATA's in RAID 0, a 6600gt graphics card and 1 gig of ddr2, Pioneer DVD burner and it scored 515. Very low cost to set something like this up.

Comment

Working...
          X