Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PerformanceTest 6.0 not running, pegs CPU at 100%

Greetings!
    I have a single PC where PerformanceTest 6.0 does not run. When I run pt.exe I can tell it starts because I see pt.exe in Task Manager and its CPU Time is incrementing. The CPU pegs to 100% immediately. But I never see a splash screen or the application start. Using the DEBUGMODE and SAFEMODE switches doesn't work. The file that's supposed to be created by DEBUGMODE (i.e. PerfTestLog.txt) is never created anywhere on my PC. I've let pt.exe run for 30 minutes. Nothing. It's doing something, but nothing like what I've seen on other machines.

PerformanceTests works on 2 other desktops running W2K, a laptop running W2K, a desktop running WinXP Home and a laptop running WinXP Pro.

The machine it *doesn't* work on is a Dell Dimension 8100, Intel Celeron 1.3GHz, Windows 2000 SP4, 384MB RAM, 3 hard drives (6 GB, 15 GB and 200 GB). Something is obviously messing with PerformanceTest on this machine.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Cheers!
    Al Toid

PerformanceTest V6.0 failing to start up

We have made a change to the startup of PerformanceTest v6.0 build 1008 revision 2. Could you please download this new revision from our website and try it on the PC that has the problem.
    http://www.passmark.com/ftp/petst.exe

Thanks.
    Best regards,
    Ian (PassMark)

Comment

Thanks Ian! The updated version did the trick.

I ran it using the DEBUGMODE switch and generated the PerfTestLog.txt file. I sent it to help@passmark.com. Hope it helps!

Thanks again for the quick fix and response!
      Cheers!
      Al

Comment

Working...
      X