New GPU Scoring Low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GPU Scoring Low

Hi, I recently bought an ATI Radeon HD 6570 graphics card and checked the passmark ratings for it, which was 863. I downloaded PerformanceTest and received a rating of only 372 for the G3D mark. I also compared my rating to a few users who had the same GPU and CPU (AMD Phenom II X6 1065T) and they all scored around 900 for G3D. I had downloaded the newest catalyst suite for my GPU, had the correct wattage power supply, and all the system requirements but I was scoring low. I have already looked at the recommended post ("Causes and Solutions for a slow PC") and updating the drivers (which was already done before-hand) did not help. I just want to know some possible reasons why this is happening. Note: I haven't tried downgrading my drivers because the users I compared my score to had the same version of drivers installed as me, so I thought nothing of downgrading. If there is a certain old driver applicable to my GPU, please suggest it! I can provide more system information if needed.

Pretty much all the common reasons are listed over this 2 page post.
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

For video cards the common problems are drivers, under powered CPU and temperature. Other less common issues are 3rd party software screwing things up, like Windows skinning apps, being frame rate limited to your monitor's frame rate & bad device driver configuration settings for 3D quality vs performance.

Comment

Working...
    X