Running PerformanceTest v6 from a CDROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running PerformanceTest v6 from a CDROM

After I burned a CD with PerformanceTest v6 conform with PassMark indications,I notice some problems:
    1. If I try to run Advanced CD/DVD drive test with option "Standard Win32 API(Uncached)" enabled I get a read speed error
    2. If you try to run Advanced 3D test an error message appear " Invalid video mode...Please ensure that the correct drivere are installed......",but if in "Edit Preferences" change any switch in " 3D Graphics" zone you can run the test.

There are no drivers problems because if I run the PerformanceTest from HDD everything is O.K.

I tried the CD on several computers and I notice the same errors.

I was initially going to say that I didn't see any of these errors, but then I realised that you are running PT from a CD, without installing it, and probably testing the same CD that PT is running from.

I am not sure if we ever tested this scenario. We'll have a look at it.

-----
    David

Comment

Any news?

Comment

Running PerformanceTest from a CD

The CD problem is caused by the CD test being unable to open the pt.exe file on the CD when pt.exe it is running. We have changed the Advanced CD test to allow the CD that is to be tested to contain the PerformanceTest (pt.exe) file that is currently running. This will be included in the next minor release.

At this stage graphing of Advanced test results won't be available when PerformanceTest is run from a CD.

We can confirm there is an issue with the Advanced 3D "Terrain and water" test (but not the bouncing balls test) when PerformanceTest is run from a CD. The issue seems to be a DirectX issue of creating 3D textures with the refresh rate set to maximum (rather than the monitor setting) when run from a CD. This requires further investigation.

I'll put up another post when we make some more progress.

Best regards,
        Ian

Comment

Running PerformanceTest from CD

As an update, we have found that the problem running the 3D terrain test from a read only media (CD) is related to a DirectX 9.0c problem.

For now we have just added a more specific error message (I know this does not really help you). We will review later versions of DirectX to determine there suitability in resolving this problem. Our recommendation at this stage is to use a USB memory drive rather than a CD at this point in time.

We have corrected the running the CD test when PerformanceTest is run from CD.

PerformanceTest v6.0 1009 is now available from:
          http://www.passmark.com/ftp/petst.exe

Regards,
          Ian

Comment

Working...
          X