Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Passmark9 behaviors

I'm seeing a number of things with v9 that are a bit weird:
    - Unable to run benchmarks on some systems - "gathering information" for an indefinite period even if SAFEMODE is listed
    - Default for maximum number of processor threads for testing seems to change (older 8x8 = 128 threads, newer 4x16 = 32 threads)

Also, why SAFEMODE rather than /SAFEMODE (or /safemode) as a parameter. Also, SAFEMODE pops up a dialog box making hands-free scripting difficult.1

I think I found a few others, but right now the first one ("gathering information") is killing me.

If you can run the software in debug mode and send in the logs we may be able to see why it is hanging during information gathering stage,

http://www.passmark.com/support/ptdebug.htm

The default number number of processor is calculated by how many logical processor PerformanceTest finds for the CPU. So a system with a single 4-Core CPU with HyperThreading should default to 8 for number of processes. If you changed this value from the default, it should remember the value entered for subsequent launches.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

It does remember the number of threads if I manually change it, but ideally I'd like the autodetection to work as you stated. My goal is hands-free analysis and reporting on a set of systems with quite different configurations.

To test some of this out, Is there a way I can remove the "saved" value that was manually entered and have it run the autodetect again?

I'm running it with debug now and will get back to it after lunch. It is strange that on some systems, "SAFEMODE" brings up a dialog and on others it doesn't. I'm doing the testing from a licensed "Install to USB" copy (that isn't running from a USB but that's probably irrelevant).

Update Edit: debug logs sent to your the help@ e-mail address.
      Last edited by MattAllison; Oct-21-2016, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X