PassMark v9 Results Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PassMark v9 Results Question

I noticed that in the old version 8 that all benchmark data/results were graphed out to be on a single page for reference but with v9 they were cleaned up and moved into separate tabs.

Is there anyway in version 9 to have multiple checks on the same page? (i.e. show cpu and memory results on the same page)

Thanks in advance for the help and my apologies if this isn't the correct forum.

show cpu and memory results on the same page
    This wasn't possible even in V8.

If you save the results to a HTML report (from the File menu) you can get everything on one screen.

Comment

This is the view I thought Halfish was talking about... This is the view I came to the forum to find out the status... That's the view I use the most.

Comment

You can't get that view in PT9. All the information is still there with the same bar charts, but you need to click a few buttons to see it all.
        (generally in PT8 you couldn't see it all on one screen either, you needed to scroll down to see several pages of graphs)

Comment

Are there plans to add that view back in? I would actually probably just stick with PT8 if not. That is my most used view. And I usually wasn't comparing more than 4 or 5 machines at the same time, so they would all fit on one screen. (But then I have 3840x2160 and 1920x1200 displays)

Comment

No, there are no plans to go back to the old user interface.

Comment

I'm in software development. I know there are not plans to go "back to the old user interface", but that doesn't mean that the new interface can't provide a meaningful and useful view similar to the old interface, but much nicer looking. How would one add a request to have a view that compares the summary of every category for each computer? It was useful to let your eyes scan all the items and not have to remember between 6 button presses what was on the previous screen.
              So I wasn't asking to go back to the old code base and that UI... Just add a nice summary view to the new one.
              Last edited by KarlZ; Oct-29-2016, 05:44 PM.

Comment

So how do I officially make a request to the development team?

Comment

This is what the old software looked like with a few baselines loaded at the most common monitor resolution (1080p).

Click image for larger version

Name:	OldV8.png
Views:	334
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	36280

So for most people, most of the time, all the results were never on a single screen in V8 (never in fact, at the default window size). You needed to scroll a bit. In V9 you need to click a bit instead to see the same data.
                  (Admittedly on my 4K monitor, if I only select a few baselines, I can get it all on one screen, if I resize the window. But that depends on DPI text scaling setting as well)

Anyway, it would be lot of work now to go back. There hasn't been any outcry from users (except for this forum thread). It would also break the new user interface paradigm of 1 button for 1 set of results all across the UI. So the benefit would be pretty small compared to the effort.

A view similar to what you want is also available via export to image (from the File menu).

We are the developers. We aren't an outsourced call centre. The people coding and designing the software and the company owner (that would be me) all read the posts in the forum.

Comment

Ok... I guess my use case was different than others. I was usually comparing 2 to 4 systems and they all fit fine. I was comparing them from an overall view point. Time will tell. Thanks for explaining things (including the organization) so well. Cheers - Karl

Comment

Working...
                    X