Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My P.C isnt performing

Hi all,
    this is the first time for me posting in this form, i ran a performance test and got 205.6 which is terrible for my spec, which is,
    3.2ghz P4 HT enabled
    1GB kingston ram
    Radeon 9600Xt
    Ive allways had problems with my p.c and im not sure why i dont think the spec is perticularly bad but it doesnt run some games at all like counter stike source i get an FPS of like 15 and i know its not viruses because for the last week and few days ive been running several virus checks a day using differnt programs, also defragmenting my hard drive,
    There is thing that questioned me and as i dont know very much about computers i dident know but in the BIOS it said my CPU throttle was at 50% i dident change it but i wonderd if my processor was being limited.

If any of you have any ideas why my computer performs so slowly please post i would be very greatful.

Yes, 205 is a poor result, 450 - 600 would be more typical.

You need to look at the individual results to see what is pulling you down. e.g. is it the disk that is slow or the 3D, etc...

Maybe you have some application running the background using CPU time, maybe you have an old video card device driver, maybe you are using an old version of DirectX, etc..

----
    David

Comment

Working...
    X