Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard (PassMark)
    replied
    PerformanceTest Mobile V1.0.000 Released.

• Cleaned up source code, should now improve App responsiveness.
    • Memory Test now will only test 25% of available ram. Reduced to fix some reports of crashing during Memory Test.
    • App will now allow Android/JIT to optimize source code, but code was changed to reduce effects of optimizing. Some Integer and Floating Point results will be lower than pre V1.0 releases.
    • External storage drive test should test the "last" external storage listed.
    • Fixed various bugs and crashes.

May take a couple of hours for the App to become live on Android Market.

Leave a comment:

• Richard (PassMark)
    replied
    We are also discussing some possible changes/improvements to the other test suites. The memory test changes will for sure go in the next build release. At the earliest, a new build should be available probably sometimes next week depending if we implement the other changes as well.

Leave a comment:

• wonderwrench
    replied
    Any word on when a new build will be available?

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Richard (PassMark)
    replied
    The screen should remain on during testing. The screen might dim but should not turn off. However, it might turn off after after testing is completed depending on System settings.

We may consider adding the feature to save results locally in the future. In the meantime, you can bring up your past results online if you remember the baseline ID from the following page,

http://www.mobilebenchmark.net/baseline.php

Leave a comment:

• wonderwrench
    replied
    I have noticed PT mobile does not force the screen to stay active during the test. This may or may not affect the results but its hard to tell when the test completes if the screen powers down. I'd also like to see the ability to save results locally for later comparison like its windows counterpart.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• wonderwrench
    replied
    I installed the supplied debug build and ran the memory test many times and the test completes perfectly every time.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Richard (PassMark)
    replied
    Thanks for the update.

I should have a debug build ready by today. Some things came up and I am running a little behind.

One of the good thing about Android is that when the app crashes or app is hanging, the OS will present a pop-up that allows you to submit a report. (Similar to the submit error report on the Windows OS.)

Leave a comment:

• wonderwrench
    replied
    I was able to reproduce this problem on two other Samsung Galaxy SII SGH-T989 phones and one HTC EVO 3d. So out of the four phones tested all exhibit the same problem. All three newly tested phones exhibit the same long delay before the memory read test progress bar starts moving on the first run and a program hang on any subsequent runs made without a reboot. On my personal phone I did some digging using several system info apps. When PT Mobil is frozen its using 90+ CPU and RAM usage slowly increases to 140 megs or more. I'm not sure how high it will go as I aborted the test. I also found canceling PT works about 50% of the time. Other times it it must be forced closed. Either way no errors are given as far as I can see.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• wonderwrench
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard (PassMark) View Post
    From your post, I assume the app didn't crash and at least it was somewhat responsive as it responded to the cancel request. (If it did, please submit the crash report). I sent you a PM regarding testing a debug build, get back to me if you wouldn't mind testing one.
    No crash, where would the report be if it did? I replied to your PM with requested info

Thanks
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Richard (PassMark)
    replied
    From your post, I assume the app didn't crash and at least it was somewhat responsive as it responded to the cancel request. (If it did, please submit the crash report). I sent you a PM regarding testing a debug build, get back to me if you wouldn't mind testing one.

Leave a comment:

• wonderwrench
    replied
    Originally posted by passmark View Post
    Thanks for letting us know. We aren't aware of any issue. But we'll look into it. Shouldn't take more than a minute for the memory test.

(Been busy coding a iPhone version of the software, but so far Apple are rejecting it. Seems they don't want their hardware benchmarked).
    Thanks for looking into it. Seems not many people are running PT Mobile. By looking at the bench apps available for Android PT Mobile has most if not all of them beat, it just needs to work. I would guess PT mobile would be a great way to get the word out about Passmark software. I just started a thread over at xda-developers.com to see if others have the same problem.

An iPhone version would be nice for people with iPhone's. Not a fan of Apple and their rejection just adds fuel to the fire.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• David (PassMark)
    replied
    Thanks for letting us know. We aren't aware of any issue. But we'll look into it. Shouldn't take more than a minute for the memory test.

(Been busy coding a iPhone version of the software, but so far Apple are rejecting it. Seems they don't want their hardware benchmarked).

Leave a comment:

• wonderwrench
    started a topic PT Mobile 0.3.5500 memory read hang

PT Mobile 0.3.5500 memory read hang

I just got my first Android phone, Samsung Galaxy SII SGH-T989. I find that PT will hang if run more than once without rebooting the phone. I have left PT running the memory read test for 20+ minutes. The only way out is to abort the test. Even on a clean boot the memory read test seems to hang but after several minutes it does complete. There is no progress bar activity for a minute or more then the bar starts moving and quickly completes. I see two people complaining of the same or similar problem in reviews on the android market.

Bill
Working...
X