Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Performancetest posible bug - Can't change paging file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performancetest posible bug - Can't change paging file?

I have a fairly bare system I use for video only, it is XPpro sp2, I was testing out PerformanceTest just to see the systems speed, because this tool looks very intresting, I have to give you a thumbs up btw.

Here is the posible bug: Depending on the needs I change the location of the virtual memory paging file. But since the install of this application I can not change the location anymore. I have removed your application but I still can not change the virtual memory paging file location anymore. I will try to help you figure out the bug (if it is one) could be something else but since I have not installed anything else in a long time most likly it happened durring this install.

-Oniedae

PerformanceTest doesn't change any Windows configuration information. Nor does it do anything that might effect this paging file setting.

No other user has reported an issue like this and I change the paging file settings myself on several machines with PerformanceTest installed and have never had a problem.

I think that something else has probably changed on your system and it was just coincidence that you noticed the paging file issue sometime after installing our software.

------
    David

Comment

Maybe so

I ended up doing a new install of XP to clear it up, It might be from something else or a chain reaction, who knows... But I though I would let you know just in case...

-Oniedae

Comment

OK thanks for the follow up. If we get another user reporting the same problem we'll have a look at it in more detail. At the moment we have no reason to think it is due to our software however.

------
        Regards
        David

Comment

Working...
        X