Complex 3D Test -Crash black screen ME tooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complex 3D Test -Crash black screen ME tooo

Error: Access violation at 0x00405D3F (tried to read from 0x038DA000), program terminated.

Then after i click ok the desktop flickers a few times.

Video Card Details...

Video Adapter
    Model : Radeon X1900 Series
    Chipset : Radeon X1900 Series (0x7249)
    RAMDAC : Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Video BIOS : 113-A52025-104
    VGA Compatible : No
    Total Memory : 512MB (510MB Video) (245MB System)
    Texture Memory : 755MB
    Supports DIME Texturing : Yes

Video BIOS
    Date of Manufacture : Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Current Video Mode
    Mode : 1024x768 16M+ TrueColour (32-bit)
    Current Refresh Rate : 75Hz
    Virtual Desktop Size : 1024x768

Video Driver
    Model : ati2mtag.sys
    Version : 6.14.10.6599
    Expected Windows Version : 4.00
    <snip>

Much to our embarrassment, it turns out there was a problem in our 3D test code.

We released V6.0.Build 1009 on 24/February/2006 (2 days ago). Can you check to see if this new build fixed your problem.

See also,
    http://www.passmark.com/products/pt_history.htm

------
    David

Comment

I can run ALL the tests. Except for Complex 3D screen goes black todo the test then all window's freeze and lock up i have to clear it out of the Task Manager. I get the same thing with Build 1009. basically goes black. hangs for a second. minimizes and I have to close it.

Comment

3D test

The bug correction in build 1009 was specifically to correct a crash during the 3D test initiazation, before the 3D test Window is displayed. The error in build 1008 was displayed as:
        Error: Access violation at 0x00405D3F (tried to read from 0x038DA000), program terminated.

We have had another report similar to yours, that turned out to be a device driver issue. The user stepped back to an older device driver and the problem was resolved. Please see:
        http://www.passmark.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=421

Could you please review the version of your graphics card device driver, and update to the latest version, or if it is a recent device driver, try stepping back.

Best regards,
        Ian (PassMark)

Comment

Re: 3D test

Originally posted by PassMark
          The bug correction in build 1009 was specifically to correct a crash during the 3D test initiazation, before the 3D test Window is displayed. The error in build 1008 was displayed as:

We have had another report similar to yours, that turned out to be a device driver issue. The user stepped back to an older device driver and the problem was resolved. Please see:
          http://www.passmark.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=421

Could you please review the version of your graphics card device driver, and update to the latest version, or if it is a recent device driver, try stepping back.

Best regards,
          Ian (PassMark)
          I'm Using the latest Nvidia Drivers. 81.98 And I rolled back a few different ones and it's still doing it. I've got an Chaintech FX5200 128mb AGP Vid Card. and oh an off topic question. I just ordered a XFX Geforce 6600GT 256mb PCI-E video card, and i also did a huge upgrade on my system anyone know how big of a performance increase im going to see from the 2 video cards and also going from a AMD Athlon XP 2000+ CPU to a AMD 64 3000+ Venice Core CPU ? and going from PC2700 ram to PC 3200 ? thanks. and oh for any techies out there any of you have the Abit KN8 mobo with SLI support ? if so is it a good board because i ordered it and i read reviews. seems ok. sorry for sidetracking just bored and thought I'd ask thanks

Comment

thx

thx, fixed it for me

Comment

I found out what it was.

well as i said in my previous post I had a Geforce 6600GT on the way and i installed it and i ran the test again, same drivers and for some reason it worked this time. so maybe its a card issue ? maybe my FX5200 couldnt support 4x Mutlisample... well anyways. thanks. Just thought id let some of you know out there if its hanging like that on the complex test it might be your cards (support) for the renders.

-Justin.

PS once again outstanding performance from Passmark

Comment

Hello. Upgrade from X1008 > 1009 fixed it for me.

I have the problem on X300, X1300 and X1800.
                ATi Catalyst V 6.2

Comment

Working...
                X