Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk:Sequential Read and Write.

Hi,

I just did a Performance Test for SATA II on Ports 1 and 2.This SATA II has a Write of 155MB/s and 55MB/s for Read.
    But the results I got was 30plus MB/s and 40 plus MB/s .
    Why is this so,is it because of the settings or is the board not working ?

Maybe the drive is slower than the SATA interface. With the exception of high end SSDs this is almost always the case.

Comment

alright,thanks!

Comment

SATAII in ports 1 and 2

Hi,

I did a performance test for SATA in ports 1 and 2.Since the board's up to date,by right,the performance should be on par,but I'm having results that show SATAII in port 2 having slightly poorer performance than in port 1.
        E.g. Port1 : 165.6Miilions of operations/s
        Port2 : 137.7Millions of operations/s

Why is this so?

Comment

What is an operation?
          Maybe the drives on port #1 and #2 are different, or the state of the drives is different before the start of the test?

Comment

With or without Graphic card.

Hi.
            Generally,we know that with and without graphics card,there will definitely be great difference in the 2D and 3D graphics results.But I'm having an extra difference in Disk results.
            Why is that so?

Comment

I merged a few of your posts together above. They are all more or less on the same topic, and you haven't really provided anywhere near enough detail for any body to even attempt to provide a reasonable answer.

Bad questions get bad answers.

Your video card shouldn't effect the disk results. You are probably seeing some other effect. Like differences in fragmentation.

Comment

Let me rephrase it.

Hi,

Maybe you'll understand better like this.
                Could it be because the chipset of the SATA ports are different?SLIGHTLY different,that's why I'm getting slightly different results?

Comment

It is very unlikely that port #1 and #2 are different.

Comment

Hi,

Alright,thanks anyway.
                    Pardon me for my mistakes I did in this forum.
                    By the way,Is there anywhere I can get info for each and every specific results I get from Performance Test.Like what they do in the system when they are running like example,the Integer Math test and etc?

Comment

I don't understand the question. Results are displayed on the screen when the test is run.
                      If you want to save them, then you can save them from the file menu.

Comment

Working...
                      X