Strange problem with 3D Graphics score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange problem with 3D Graphics score

Overall I'm getting high scores, I did some system changes (OC CPU f.ex) and did a new test. So I got higher scores, except 3D Graphics which suddenly dropped substancially from 13 700 to 12 200! I have no idea why. I redone tests, restarted PC and so on, but no matter what I still get only around 12 200 ca. How did I get 13 700 then previously? Seems like the GPU Compute test is where I get the "lowest" score, according the the graph where you compare with other systems. Overall 3D score is 97% compared to other systems, while on the GPU Compute I suddenly drop to about 87%. I tested with MSI Gaming app and during the GPU Compute test my clock isn't running on max during the whole test, only sporadically does it peak to 2000 Mhz. Sometimes it drops to just 900 Mhz. What gives? ..

Latest benchmark:
    http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9...id=80222559664

Previous benchmark:
    http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9...id=78879460776

Very likely it is thermal throttling.
    Second possibility that we have seen a few times is that the card doesn't think it is under any load and the throttles down to save power (basically a device driver bug).

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Very likely it is thermal throttling.
      Second possibility that we have seen a few times is that the card doesn't think it is under any load and the throttles down to save power (basically a device driver bug).
      Temps are fine. Max 72 C during long gaming sessions. The card is brand new. (and I have lots of fans in my case)

That might be. I guess it's not much to do about it other than wait for a new driver and hope for the best..
      Last edited by Frode789; Mar-26-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Max 72 C during long gaming sessions
        If you set the test duration to long in PerformanceTest, then what temperature does it get to during the GPU compute test?

Comment

Working...
        X