• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird 3d Scores

Hey all,

First,
    Nice place you all have here.

Second,

I ran the Perf. Test on my machine and my 3d scores are all messed up. Is it normal for the simple and medium modes to run windowed? Or should they be fullscreen? If I goto the advanced pane and run the 1024x768x32 or similar the framerates are near 1000. But in the windowed mode and any time I run the simple or medium test the frame rates are like 6 frames a second, almost like they are being software rendered for some reason. The thing is that the simple and medium frame rates are much lower than the complex rate.

My specs are:

AMD 2800 Barton
    ATI 9800 Pro 128 -Catalyst 6.2
    1.5 G PC 3200

I wouldn't expect this system to be blazing fast, but I would expect better than 4 FPS. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Is it normal for the simple and medium modes to run windowed?
    Yes. This is normal.

What is not normal is the frame rate. Speeds should be much higher than 4 frames / sec. You have a problem of some sort. There are various conditions under which video acceleration might not work. For example we have seen some video cards give really bad performance when running dual monitors. (e.g. DirectX 3D Windowed mode on a desktop of 3200 x 1200).

So maybe it is a configuration issue or maybe it is due to some other software you have running.

--
    David

Comment

Working...
    X