Low score with 1080ti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low score with 1080ti

Sorry if this ends up being the wrong forum but...

Yesterday, my new 1080ti came in which replaces my 980ti. I ran the benchmark test and my 3d score seems to be in the 9000's. This is strange as 1080ti's seem to be averaging over 13,000 according to this site. My old 980ti would score around 11,500 or so. This score would put me under what the average 980 is scoring. Can anyone think of any reason as to why this would be happening? My 1080ti is the MSI armor edition if it matters.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers and such but it did not have any effect on the benchmark.

Thanks.

Sorry, would probably help if I included my other specs

Windows 10
    ASRock X99 extreme 4 motherboard
    i7 5820k processor
    32 GB DDR4 2400MHz ram
    2 TB hard drive
    250 GB SSD
    Optical Drive

Comment

Maybe thermal throttling?

See also this post
      Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
        Maybe thermal throttling?

See also this post
        Causes and Solutions for a slow PC
        Thanks for replying. I don't think any throttling is going on, my temps aren't really going above 75C. I just did the test today after changing a few nvidia control panel settings today and my card scored a 12,500. Still a decent amount lower than the average 1080ti but there also haven't been a lot of 1080ti samples yet, so I'm assuming there's a chance that the average score may end up being about 12,500 in a few months or so.

Kind of curious about the test though. I have a 1080p monitor and the DirectX12 test docks my score 60% because its not 4k. I know the intention is to make up for the fact that 1080p will have higher frames, and to keep 1080p and 4k scores more in line, but I'm kind of wondering if the higher frames really balances out with the 60% score decrease (if that makes sense). Do you think I could expect a material difference in total score if I used a 4k monitor and could possibly be closer (or at) the 13,000 average?

Thank you.

Comment

4K monitors have four times the pixels as 1080p monitors. We did some testing and at least on some systems the penalty was about right. Obviously it will vary a bit depending on the machine.

Comment

Working...
          X