Asus DVD-RW
    Toshiba 7200rpm 3TB HDD

I ran Passmark Performance Test several time for fine tuning the system
    Interestingly, the score drops after I updated the Windows and the drivers
    In particular, it is the graphic card that drops the most

Before, 2D/3D = 994/10936

After, 2D/3D = 325/2846

It doesn't make sense!!

I attached the screenshot of the scores, and the Asus AI Suite that shows the condition of my desktop

Anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
    In case it is relevant
    Driver: nVidia GeForce ver. 382.05, released May04, 2017
    Windows 10 x64 Enterprise, ver. 1703
    Last edited by sos_hk; May-07-2017, 03:57 PM.

You need to have a look at the individual 2D and 3D results to see if it was a general decrease across the board, or just a decrease in one particular test. Also check your frame rates aren't now limited to the monitor's refresh rate.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      You need to have a look at the individual 2D and 3D results to see if it was a general decrease across the board, or just a decrease in one particular test. Also check your frame rates aren't now limited to the monitor's refresh rate.
      Hi, Thanks for the reply
      Both 2D and 3D scores drop to about 30% of original scores
      About the frame rates...how do I check that?

Comment

If your monitor runs at 60Hz, then are your frame rates stuck at around 58 - 61fps.

Comment

Yes!!!
          When I run Performance Test for first time, the time that score over 5900, the frame rate during 2D/3D test can go up to over 1000

The time the score drops to 3100, even 2D test can't go over 60

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
            If your monitor runs at 60Hz, then are your frame rates stuck at around 58 - 61fps.
            Sorry, 1 more question
            how to solve this problem?
            i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, no luck
            I looked through the nVidia Geforce Experience/control center, can't find anything about limitation of refresh rate

now, I just open the Performance Test software, the FPS shown is only about 70
            any idea how to solve this?

Thanks

Comment

In the Nvidia control panel, in the "Manage 3D settings" section are the Global settings and Program Settings options. Here you can find the "Vertical sync" setting that controls the refresh rate. This should be set to "off" or "use the 3D application setting".

As there are multiple executables launched by PerformanceTest it will be easiest to set the global setting, if it is already "use the 3D application setting" try setting it to off and seeing if that affects the test scores.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim (PassMark) View Post
                In the Nvidia control panel, in the "Manage 3D settings" section are the Global settings and Program Settings options. Here you can find the "Vertical sync" setting that controls the refresh rate. This should be set to "off" or "use the 3D application setting".

As there are multiple executables launched by PerformanceTest it will be easiest to set the global setting, if it is already "use the 3D application setting" try setting it to off and seeing if that affects the test scores.
                Thanks
                will try when back home

Comment

Working...
                X