Top 20 systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To: KciNicK,

We have a process that deletes or excludes results that come in from the same machine. A small minority of people ignore the request to submit results from each machine only once. In some extreme cases we had 20+ sets of results from the same machine. From time to time we clean this up.

To: howe108

Why do you think they should be banned?

Comment

They used the either supercache or something similar like ramdisk. You have already deleted the top four scores including KciNick's bacause of this ramdisk thing.

Comment

We have deleted results from that have come from the same machine (duplicates). But we haven't deleted any results because they are using a particular type of drive.

its not a solid state drive, is a ramdisk..., 10 times faster...
        RAM chips are a solid state device. The only difference between what is sold as a solid state disk and a RAM disk is the type of RAM used, and the interface to the CPU. They are both examples of solid state storage.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
          We have deleted results from that have come from the same machine (duplicates). But we haven't deleted any results because they are using a particular type of drive.

RAM chips are a solid state device. The only difference between what is sold as a solid state disk and a RAM disk is the type of RAM used, and the interface to the CPU. They are both examples of solid state storage.
          I'm talking about software cache program like supercache here. If you are OK with the supercache, and then why did you delete the top four scores.

If you wanna delete the duplicates, why NOT keep his(KciNick) top score?

Comment

Originally posted by howe108 View Post
            I'm talking about software cache program like supercache here. If you are OK with the supercache, and then why did you delete the top four scores.

If you wanna delete the duplicates, why NOT keep his(KciNick) top score?
            +1, removing duplicates should remove the submits with lower score, as i overclocked my system and submit a new value with higher score...

Comment

Exactly, bring these top four scores back if you allow supercache and ramdrive.

Comment

As far as I know we didn't pick the top 4 results and delete them.

We do delete duplicates (and this is done without any great concern about their ranking).

There were also a few exploits in V7, where it was possible get a result for a couple of the tests without actually running the test. So these get deleted from time to time as well once we notice them. I think we have closed a lot of this off in V8.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
                  As far as I know we didn't pick the top 4 results and delete them.

We do delete duplicates (and this is done without any great concern about their ranking).

There were also a few exploits in V7, where it was possible get a result for a couple of the tests without actually running the test. So these get deleted from time to time as well once we notice them. I think we have closed a lot of this off in V8.
                  You deleted my #1 score thanks... ID #2577. If there were duplicates they were with a different # vid cards or run at different clock speeds.

Comment

The baseline #2577 wasn't deleted.

You can find it here,
                    http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8...p?id=257761144

And if you do a search for #2577 in the PerformanceTest software, you can download the baseline file from the database.

Having said that we do have another option besides deletion. We have the option to exclude results from the charts, while still leaving the baseline available for viewing and download.

Most baselines that use RAID, RAMDrives, etc.. arrive with drive model numbers make it clear what hardware was used. So we see lots of 'HDD' names like,
                    AMD 2+0 Stripe/RAID0
                    Intel Raid 0 Volume
                    Raid0
                    ASRock RAM Disk
                    RAM Disk (SuperSpeed LLC)

But if we see a baseline come in with a HDD name like "Corsair Force 3" but the result is impossible for this drive type, we have the option of excluding it. Example of this are baseline #6080 and the #2577 mentioned above.

Exclusion isn't done with the aim of changing the top 20 list, but done to maintain the accuracy of the main HDD list. At the moment there is no way to exclude a baseline from one chart but keeping them in another chart.

So if you submit a result using a RAM drive and the HDD name appears as RAM disk (or something like this), then there shouldn't be any issue.

Comment

Did that originally but it gave me a error uploading it. So I just switched it to a normal drive that has a ram cache. Also it seems that V8 doesn't want to pick up my memory type for some reason its G.skill F3-19200C10-8GBZHD running @ 1866Mhz 9-9-9-24 1.65V any idea why? It also didn't like that I had drive letters as A: and B: and had to change those before they would register.

Comment

What was the text of the error message on upload, if you remember?

RAM detection is highly dependent on the motherboard & CPU in your system, and while it can handle the most common ones, once in a while we encounter a really new, really old or some what rare motherboard that isn't supported.

For the RAM detection, can you see if RAMMon detects the modules?
                        http://www.passmark.com/products/rammon.htm

There is a DEBUGMODE command line argument that will produce a couple of logs files.
                        Running RAMMon in debug mode will generate a couple of logfiles that can help troubleshoot the issue. The two logfiles that are created are RAMMon.txt and SysInfoLog.txt. They will be located in program folder RAMMon was installed to.

The help file that comes with RAMMon has more details of running in DEBUGMODE.

Comment

emailed the debug. Error is Baseline has invalid drive index
                          Last edited by Dbo; Oct-27-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the debug info.

Tried to reply to the e-mail message but the e-mail bounced back. Do you have an alternative e-mail address we can reply to? You can PM me or send an e-mail to help@passmark.com

Comment

Working...
                            X