This Computer__________________2.09

Graphics 2D - Transparent Vectors___Result
    This Computer__________________2.10

i7-2600 Sandy Bridge
    Graphics 2D - Solid Vectors_________Result
    This Computer__________________21.6

Graphics 2D - Transparent Vectors___Result
    This Computer____________________14.1

Is this normal? Does this mean I am getting better results from my older processor?

I can vouch for this same exact issue with a flawless configuration except with the K Series CPUs. Even setting Windows to display for "Maximum Performance" and overclocking to the edge of the Blue Screen the 3770k is at least 50% to 70% less than the 2700k. I was running some tests and this really cripples your final scores. I'm not about to put the 2700k back in, but it is one of the things I was hoping David would address instead of just quoting me and offering a sharp answer, but I understand he is running a website with hundreds of thousands of baselines, creating and marketing software, etc. But yes, Same issue here brother.

Comment

Thanks Rage25,
      Another odd thing I noticed about my 2 systems is the i7-2600 running identical software will transcode the same video in 3% less time compared to the i7-3770.

Comment

The 2D performance of Ivy Bridge isn't something we have looked at before.

I ran a few database queries on the results we have.

So as of today we have 18,121 benchmark results from i7-2600x CPUs (i7-2600, i7-2600K, i7-2600S).

When I restrict the query to just listing i7-2600x results with,
        Solid Vector Result > 19
        and
        Transparent Vector Result > 13

I get back only 9 benchmark results. And of these 9 all of them were in fact using a discrete video cards, not the built in GPU.

Going the other way
        When I restrict the query to just listing i7-2600x results with,
        Solid Vector Result < 3
        and
        Transparent Vector Result < 3
        I get back only 12409 benchmark results.

Looking at the i7-3770 results I see the same thing. The vast majority score 3 or less for these tests.

So your results with Sandy Bridge would appear to be a exception that no one else has replicated. In my mind the interesting question is what was special about your Sandy Bridge setup that allowed you to get a score better than 18,000+ other people with similar setups.
        (I did note that XP generally did better than Win7 in this test).

Comment

You are correct. I originally did the test on the i7-2600 as a remote user. I plugged a monitor and keyboard and now the numbers are much lower.

Comment

Working...
          X