Baseline upload fails with timeout error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseline upload fails with timeout error

Hi, I purchased and just installed Performance Test 7.0.1030 x64.
    I ran all tests, and when I try to upload the baseline, I get a "the connection to the internet timed out" error dialog.

I ran NetworkMonitor, and I can see that the results are being uploaded ok using FTP:
    Code:
    Ftp: Request from Port 48625,'STOR /incoming/baselines/V7temp/BL_1207251241261.pt'
    Ftp: Response to Port 48625, '226  Transfer completed.'
    Then the results are read using HTTP:
    Code:
    Http: Request, GET /baselines/V7/uploadXML.php, Query:userfile=/incoming/baselines/V7temp/BL_1207251241261.pt&computertype=DELL%20Precision%20Workstation%20T5500
    But this operation never completes.

I tried several times, on different machines, same error.

Is this a server problem?

P.
    http://blog.insanegenius.com/

We have been continuing to get a steady stream of new baseline submissions to our database over the last few days so I don't believe this is server side problem.

It is however possible that our server was under heavy load at some point and that it was taking longer than normal to respond, thus the time out, despite the fact that it probably did eventually complete the upload task.

Comment

I tried again this morning.
      First upload failed with a file already exists error.
      I renamed the file, and it uploaded ok.
      Same process on both systems I tried.

I do now notice that there are several copies of what appears to be my machine baseline, probably from the various partially failed upload attempts.

Is there an automated process of duplicate removal, or do I need to do something to remove the duplicates?

P.
      http://blog.insanegenius.com/

Comment

I have been getting similar errors since I tried using the online baseline download feature a couple of days ago. Using the "Advanced" tab (which BTW has a typo, see "Desending" check box), almost every attempt fails after about 10s with the message "The Connection to the Internet Timed out.". About one try in 20 succeeds. The problem also occurs with the "Basic" tab, although less frequently.

One advanced search which fails regularly has all options left as default apart from: Sort by: (Rating); Descending: (checked) and Laptops only: (checked).

Comment

is it possible to upload only the cpu-passmark results?
          .::: Intel i5 3570K @ 5 GHz | ASRock Z77E-ITX | Lian Li PC-Q08 | Corsair Hydro H80 | Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 CL9 | CoolerMaster GX 750W | ADATA SX900 128 GB SSD :::.

Comment

No, only full results can be uploaded.
            We made some improvements on the timeout issue. But it should be resolved once V8 is released in a couple of weeks, as it has a all new database. The existing database is now holding ~700,000 entries so the performance is suffering.

Comment

Thanks for the information. Wow 700 000 entries really huge amount!!!
              .::: Intel i5 3570K @ 5 GHz | ASRock Z77E-ITX | Lian Li PC-Q08 | Corsair Hydro H80 | Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 CL9 | CoolerMaster GX 750W | ADATA SX900 128 GB SSD :::.

Comment

Working...
              X