Cannot view ANY results during/after test with version 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot view ANY results during/after test with version 8

Really confused with this one... I could upload my score fine, which let me at least see the results via the webpage, but there is no way to view/compare in the actual program. All the results tabs just show up like the screencap below:

This is not normal.

If you restart the software it should fix it. You should be able to view past the results (and search and download new results) from the Baseline tab.

We would like to get to the bottom of the problem however. Can you post (or E-mail us) the specs of your machine. When you first start the software, is there anything displayed in the tabs? Or did the tabs go blank only after running all the tests? Or maybe after some other action?

Comment

Exactly the same happens to me when I set my visual effects in Control Panel to maximum performance (the only way I've found to get decent 2D scores). With these reduced 2D settings, I can save the baseline, quit and restart PT, then reload the baseline and the problem remains. The window does not redraw either when minimized and redisplayed, resized or moved. I have a Thinkpad W530 3720QM using HD4000 graphics only (K2000M broken). PT was reporting 28G out of 32G RAM free, so I don't think memory is the issue. If I revert to the more fancy Let-Windows-Decide 2D graphics settings I do not see the problem.

Comment

Thanks for the additional detail.
        We have not been able to reproduce the problem up until now. But we'll fiddle around with these Windows settings and see if it provokes the problem on our test machines.

Comment

We have been able to reproduce the bug.

It seems it is provoked by unchecking the "Use visual styles on windows and buttons" check box in the Windows control panel Performance options window.

None of the other settings being on or off seem to impact the bug.

So the work around for the moment is to check this box. We'll work on a better long term solution as well for the next patch release.

Thanks again for posting this information. It might have taken us weeks to find the cause without this tip.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post

We would like to get to the bottom of the problem however. Can you post (or E-mail us) the specs of your machine. When you first start the software, is there anything displayed in the tabs? Or did the tabs go blank only after running all the tests? Or maybe after some other action?
            There is nothing displayed in those tabs from the moment that I open up the software. I've tried restarting the program, rebooting the system, even uninstalling the software and installing it again. I thought it might have been a conflict with the version 7 program files that remained on my computer, so I even sought those out and moved all my old benchmark files to my storage drive. Still no luck. I actually had this same issue with the beta version, but assumed it would be worked out.

I suspect it could have something to do with Windows 7 Aero display settings. I run the system using the "classic" theme and also using "max performance" visual effect settings. This is the only thing I can think of that would be unusual about my system. Below are the specs of my machine- I could use the "copy" options on the toolbar even though nothing is displayed within the window.

8.0 (1000) WIN64
            (N/A)
            JAH-SNOW
            Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 build 7601 (64-bit)
            ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
            M5A97
            Rev 1.xx
            American Megatrends Inc.
            ALASKA - 1072009
            2011/11/24
            AuthenticAMD
            AMD Phenom II X4 965
            Deneb
            Family 10, Model 4, Stepping 3, Revision RB-C3
            AM3 (938-pin)
            45nm
            Not capable
            3685.1 MHz
            19.5X
            189.0 MHz
            (N/A)
            4 x 64 KB
            4 x 64 KB
            4 x 512 KB
            6 MB
            16338MB
            14505MB
            4GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
            Kingston 9905403-447.A00LF, serial#: 1074818066
            1.5V, Clk: 666.7MHz, Timings 9-9-9-24 (@ Max. freq.)
            4GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
            Kingston 9905403-447.A00LF, serial#: 1058020370
            4GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
            Kingston 9905403-447.A00LF, serial#: 1144651960
            4GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600
            Kingston 9905403-447.A00LF, serial#: 1127930551
            D:\pagefile.sys (1000MB)
            AMD 2+0 Stripe/RAID0 SCSI Disk Device
            223GB
            C:
            Unknown
            Unknown
            Unknown
            WDC WD3200AAJS-00VWA SCSI Disk Device
            298GB
            F:
            Unknown
            Unknown
            Unknown
            WDC WD5000AAKX-753CA SCSI Disk Device
            465GB
            D: E:
            Unknown
            Unknown
            Unknown
            C: [Local drive]
            NTFS
            4KB
            223.4GB (197.9GB)
            D: [Local drive]
            NTFS
            4KB
            409.2GB (273.6GB)
            E: [Local drive]
            NTFS
            4KB
            56.5GB (3.2GB)
            F: [Local drive]
            NTFS
            4KB
            298.1GB (276.6GB)
            AMD Radeon HD 6870
            AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x673
            Internal DAC(400MHz)
            1024MB
            113-AD00800-112
            Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
            7-27-2012
            1280x720x32 60Hz (Primary monitor)
            CPU 0
            36.00C
            GPU 0 (AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series)
            37.00C
            FYI- I don't know if it's normal or not, but the clock speed is inaccurate, as is the bus frequency (although the multiplier is correct).

Hope this helps...

Comment

A new build is now up at the usual location ( http://www.passmark.com/download/pt_download.htm ).

This problem should now be fixed. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

There was a resource leak with the new display code in the previous 1001 release, so if anyone downloaded that in the few hours it was up you should go grab 1002.

Comment

Working...
                X